Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inshore

Daiwa Blast LT reel

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anybody have intel on this reel?

I’m looking for a “beater” for my daughter, LT5000D-CXH. No more Penn for me….
Thanks in advance!

FA84F8DC-1524-48BD-A48B-29545B76DB89.jpeg.a5860933d9cf0b4f2fdad473bf43ce61.jpeg

Salt Angler Long-Awaited! High rigidity SW spinning "BLAST" overwhelmed by the lightness of impact

We support a wide range of applications such as light jigging and casting games in nearby waters, shore gigi games from Shore, super light jigging, etc. High rigidity LT spinning active in SW scenes.
■High-strength aluminum housing
■Powerful! And comfortably. Equipped with "Aluminum Machine Cut Digigear"
■Power light knob as standard.
Handle setting that sticks to the feeling of use in shore and offshore

Functions and Specifications Features
Super Metal Body Super Metal = Special aluminum material has very high rigidity compared to resin body. Because the outside is solid, the body does not distort even when a high load is applied, and the meshing of the internal gear creates solid winding force and durability without going wrong.
DS4 (Rotor Material) A special plastic for reel-only fiber reinforced created by Daiwa's proprietary technology.
Aluminum machine cut handle Aluminum machine cut handle that provides a stable winding feeling with high rigidity.
Aluminum spool Lightweight and rigid metal spool.
Perfect Line Stopper A new line stopper that supports thin yarns such as PE and thick diameter yarns such as readers. Easy to hang, hard to come off, easy to remove. It is light. In addition, the point that it became repairable is also a significant evolution point.

LC-ABS Spool New shape spool design realizes flight distance and troublelessness.
By adopting a twirl winding method with a large cross-wrap winding angle, a cross and winding method is used to prevent the line from entering the spool winding part or the thread from dissipating. Especially when thin thread or PE line is used, the reduction of line trouble is remarkable, and at the same time, comfortable flight is realized.
Air bale Bale shape that drastically reduces yarn tangling troubles by sending the thread to flow to the line roller. Furthermore, by making it a hollow structure, it realizes a significant strength improvement without changing the weight.
Twist Buster II By tapering the line roller and rolling the thread, the structure greatly eliminates the yarn yore generated by the roller rotation, which is said to be the fate of the spinning reel.
Rotor brake a mechanism that prevents unexpected bale return due to steering wheel movement due to shock during cast by applying brakes to rotor rotation when the bale is opened.
Shower can be washed With running water. (After washing, maintenance according to the instruction manual is required.)

For more than $200, I don't see any advantage of this over a Saltist.  At least with the Saltist, you get magseal.  Unless the color turns you off

20 mins ago, cbinvb said:

At least with the Saltist, you get magseal.

Thx. Good point overall.

This one has it as well… body to rotor

MAGSEALED
A waterproof structure that shuts out intrusions of seawater and dust by creating a magnetic oil wall in the gap between the body and the rotor. Since the body and rotor are non-contact, light and smooth rotation is maintained for a long time. Many of the causes of rotational noise are the invasion of salt turtles and foreign matter. Of course, there are cases where it occurs by dropping it in water too much, but except in such a case, the rotational noise generation rate of the magshieled reel has greatly decreased. Moreover, this ratio is appearing in the data as a big difference as time passes after the magshiel appeared. This means that the longer you use it, the more effective it will be. In other words, it proves that the dust and waterproof capacity of the magshield is at a very high level.

“Air bale Bale shape that drastically reduces yarn tangling troubles by sending the thread to flow to the line roller.”

you gotta love Daiwa translators.:howdy:

23 hours ago, EricDice said:

They should give the translator a raise

42 mins ago, olvart said:

you gotta love Daiwa translators

I ran the translation thru Google from the Daiwa JP site…

That’s a true JDM, JDM reel…. LOL!!!

Lol,the reel looks great to me,especially if it’s made in Japan!
Should make a great “beater” for your daughter!
Lucky girl:howdy:

So I’m gonna pass on this thing…

I gave my daughter my “back up” reel, a Stradic FL C5000…

So I had to buy a new “back up”, a TwinPower FD C5000…

The sickness is “reel”! ROFL!!!