RI Fish Report Blog. Oct. 6 - Oct 13

Rate this topic

Capt.Castafly

The fish blog was created as a communal gathering place to share, report weekly fishing activity.

This will benefit those who greatly use this RI forum and ply our local waters. The premise is to gather all weekly reports into one common portal, thus making it easy to access, view and add your own fish reports.   This is the fourth year for this type of approach. The years past have had great participation and much success.  Post your success or skunks.   Either way, black or white, zero to hero, let us all know if the bite is good or just not worth it getting off the couch.  Fresh, factual information is one of the best sources of Intel with the ever changing fishing conditions we have today. 

Weather after today should blow out. Sunny conditions the next few days. We will see if that improve fishing conditions.

We also have Columbus Day weekend the report period. In years parts we would be at peak.

Montauk would be going off with massive blitzes of stripers and footballs.

Keep our fingers crossed. I'll be out three days in a row on the ocean, Thursday thru Saturday.

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

Sadly, while this should be one of the best times to fish, this weekend will be a cluster F.  RI gets completely invaded this weekend, i will fish before and after only. Every known spot with parking with be mobbed w NY. NJ, and MA plates, crowding out the RI guys.  RI guys will crowd each other trying to utilize the lesser known spots to avoid the out of staters.  :banghd:

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

Sadly, while this should be one of the best times to fish, this weekend will be a cluster F.  RI gets completely invaded this weekend, i will fish before and after only. Every known spot with parking with be mobbed w NY. NJ, and MA plates, crowding out the RI guys.  RI guys will crowd each other trying to utilize the lesser known spots to avoid the out of staters.  :banghd:

:eek: Thaf doesn’t sound fun at all....

(*member previously known as 'SoCalStripers')

So i trying to figure out my plan for tomorrow...

Is being there for first light in south county been productive at all lately......

Generally speaking .....

I started early today and my job wont be done till 11 pm, didnt know it an all nighter is worth it.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:07 AM, Kooky said:

Sadly, while this should be one of the best times to fish, this weekend will be a cluster F.  

Colonel Clusterphfk has arrived. 

Popular spots with limited real estate are already overrun.

For those intent on fishing them anyway? Goodluck! Hope you enjoy standing around and not fishing. Because for the most part, that's what you're going to be doing. At least if you're looking to cast into favored waters during favored tides.

Added bonus: spiderweb crossup tangles. Two guys. Three guys. Meanwhile, nobody's fishing at all until Douggie Lipshitz undoes the gordian knot tangle from 3 lines of braid

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

45 mins ago, rst3 said:

For those intent on fishing them anyway? Goodluck! Hope you enjoy standing around and not fishing. Because for the most part, that's what you're going to be doing. At least if you're looking to cast into favored waters during favored tides.

Added bonus: spiderweb crossup tangles. Two guys. Three guys. Meanwhile, nobody's fishing at all until Douggie Lipshitz undoes the gordian knot tangle from 3 lines of braid

Yup sounds about right and each night will get progressively worse.  unless rain and wind chases the less dedicated people off.. :banghd:

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

4 hours ago, rst3 said:

My favorite thing is the guy on the other side of the channel that snags somebody’s line and cuts off their plug and keeps it.

That really adds to the excitement. :)

Was out today along south shore.   Despite some luck last couple of days catching albies, zip today.   Very quiet overall.  Lots of chub mackeral, but that was about it.  Did chase something for a while that was moving very fast.  Faster than albies.   Not sure what it was.  We gave up after awhile as it was taking us to block island.