Sudsy

Try to attend! Press conference to protest expansion of replenishment 10/7

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, fishless said:

Just saw the piece on snooze 12.  Would have been nice to see a shot of the people who turned out to show support.  

Your assuming NJ12 is on the side of the fishermen, perhaps they are supporting the replenishment folks. Liberal media thinks anything to preserve or improve actually works, when in fact its mostly a waste of money and damages the natural habitat. Thanks to those that showed up to support the cause.

Just now, Highlander1 said:

Your assuming NJ12 is on the side of the fishermen, perhaps they are supporting the replenishment folks. Liberal media thinks anything to preserve or improve actually works, when in fact its mostly a waste of money and damages the natural habitat. Thanks to those that showed up to support the cause.

It seemed to be a fair piece focusing on the topic the protest is about.  The turnout however didn't show well.  The former Loch Arbor mayor and a member of APFC offered the best sound bites.  

3 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

I was there.

Sudsy asked me to say a few words in opposition to beach replenishment, so I did.

The funding  has bipartisan support so it looks like a done deal. I guess 50,000,000.00 every 5 years is enough political pork to get both sides of the aisle on board.

At least we were heard.

For what it’s worth they have known for years they were gonna spend that money because the agreed to it right after Sandy. Transfer reality tax is used to fund beach replenishment from state side. 

so if you sell your house in Warren County out near Delaware Water Gap feel good cause your paying a tax to protect the guy with a beachfront property. The schlubbs that live back near bay not so lucky they will still flood out from back bay flooding. 

the liberal media don’t line the pockets of the NJ politicians but beach front property owners like Ivanka Trump and her Husband Kushner who I heard The Don calls Meathead (aka Archie Bunker) grease the pols. Wake up your getting played

12 hours ago, digger said:

I was there.

Sudsy asked me to say a few words in opposition to beach replenishment, so I did.

The funding  has bipartisan support so it looks like a done deal. I guess 50,000,000.00 every 5 years is enough political pork to get both sides of the aisle on board.

At least we were heard.

Nice meeting you yesterday. Good job.

Bob

Very good article but we will hear crickets from the politicians and unfortunately for the crowds that hit beach their attention has turned to other stupid endeavors.

unfortunately the state committed to paying for future replenishment after Sandy. Feds paid for basically all beach projects if state committed to maintenance of beaches Avery ten years. Maintenance now required every one to two years hence need for more money.

want to be really pissed out of state people who own beachfront contribute nothing but all nj residents do when they move

only way to fix these politicians is get rid of campaign contributions. You get a set amount of state money to campaign and that’s it. F the special interest and their secret contributions 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I waited to see how much interest there would be with only 26 posts 941 Views Who Cares in Protesting or even in Beach Access since it is always a hot topic, But as someone posted all I heard was crickets and bashing Beach Home Owners - Politicians. The comment about Out of State beach homeowners contributing Nothing, False As Their Taxes, and Contributions to the Local economy are in the Millions. All this is nothing New it goes as far back to the Founding Fathers in NJ & America. 

So whenever the subject on Ocean beaches comes up The affected groups gather to Protest and the Groups that they misguidedly Support show up to do their Speeches The Politicians do the same and Life goes on. Some will say something has to be done if no one stands up nothing will ever change.

A lot has been Done BUT who bothers to look it up, Who Bothers to ( Enforce )  it ???? 

I posted Documents from years past up to today. But How many will bother to even read them all or even pick out how Access is not denied but your RIGHT. It is not so much those homeowners but the Townships and for a lack of a better word Land Lords. 

Beaches are Open the Restrictions ( Issues ) is The Parking. be it No parking or Metered,   

Sorry for the split Doc. or for their order, These should sum up and answer any questions or just add to the Confusion many suffer from.

Devils Advocate :stick:What do you get FOR if & when you Donate those Dollars for a Decal - Badge - Patch -Bumper Sticker to any organization Political or Tree Hugging, Green, Conservation, Besides Monthly News Letter & lip Servis.  When the answer is VOTING. 

Please Read 20 on the last page if Nothing else

Scan_20211010 (2).jpg

Scan_20211010 (3).jpg

Scan_20211010.jpg

Scan_20211010 (5).jpg

Scan_20211010 (6).jpg

Scan_20211010 (4).jpg

Scan_20211010 (4).jpg

238585554_10100165987577886_784093639206058806_n.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

1 hour ago, Cheeckakoe said:

I waited to see how much interest there would be with only 26 posts 941 Views Who Cares in Protesting or even in Beach Access since it is always a hot topic, But as someone posted all I heard was crickets and bashing Beach Home Owners - Politicians. The comment about Out of State beach homeowners contributing Nothing, False As Their Taxes, and Contributions to the Local economy are in the Millions. All this is nothing New it goes as far back to the Founding Fathers in NJ & America. 

So whenever the subject on Ocean beaches comes up The affected groups gather to Protest and the Groups that they misguidedly Support show up to do their Speeches The Politicians do the same and Life goes on. Some will say something has to be done if no one stands up nothing will ever change.

A lot has been Done BUT who bothers to look it up, Who Bothers to ( Enforce )  it ???? 

I posted Documents from years past up to today. But How many will bother to even read them all or even pick out how Access is not denied but your RIGHT. It is not so much those homeowners but the Townships and for a lack of a better word Land Lords. 

Beaches are Open the Restrictions ( Issues ) is The Parking. be it No parking or Metered,   

Sorry for the split Doc. or for their order, These should sum up and answer any questions or just add to the Confusion many suffer from.

Devils Advocate :stick:What do you get FOR if & when you Donate those Dollars for a Decal - Badge - Patch -Bumper Sticker to any organization Political or Tree Hugging, Green, Conservation, Besides Monthly News Letter & lip Servis.  When the answer is VOTING. 

Please Read 20 on the last page if Nothing else

Scan_20211010 (2).jpg

Scan_20211010 (3).jpg

Scan_20211010.jpg

Scan_20211010 (5).jpg

Scan_20211010 (6).jpg

Scan_20211010 (4).jpg

Scan_20211010 (4).jpg

238585554_10100165987577886_784093639206058806_n.jpg

Beach replenishment is funded with ACOE funds and state funding comes from the Reality Transfer Tax. Not from local taxes or the economy at the shore. So NJ residents who sell their house are charged an additional tax to fund beach replenishment. Got to do your homework young man

1 hour ago, Potato Caboose said:

Beach replenishment is funded with ACOE funds and state funding comes from the Reality Transfer Tax. Not from local taxes or the economy at the shore. So NJ residents who sell their house are charged an additional tax to fund beach replenishment. Got to do your homework young man

Not sure what your point is or what you are trying to Convey,  or where I even mention your Statement   The point you seem to harp On The RTF is Shared between The State & Counties The State portion is allocated to Neighborhood Revitalization - Shore Protection  & The States General Fund Counties are responsible for the disbursement of their portion,  You make it sound as if NJ residents are footing the Bill. when it is but 1% on a Tax with many exceptions. Best you do your Home Work.  And work on your Spelling and Grammer  Like Realty and Houses. :howdy:.  

Guess you did not read all the pages I posted. Now go back to the First Paragraph where Taxes were mentioned.

Then Read the latest Additional Image in this reply. 

Scan_20211010 (7).jpg

17 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

That's ok I would hide    NOT ----But I accept you Apology :hi5:

Scan_20211010 (7).jpg

It's all our tax dollars......where ever it comes from......it was nice fishin' OC this summer as the jetties had risin from their hell holes....they are now history again as sand was re-placed just recently.. although I watch the NE winds this past weekend reclaim the sands of time once again in a matter a 2 days...if they don't rebuild the jetty's like NYS did they may as well just keep making the dredging Cos. and politicians rich as this scam will continue untill someone with some decency is elected.........whenever that happens.