RiverRaider

If Fauci Cancels Christmas, Will Leftists Comply?

Rate this topic

278 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, Markushook said:

He did. Historically and all

Some guy that people wrote about generations after he was supposed to have lived in a language that is no longer used and has been translated dozens of times to completely miss the original mythical stories?  That guy?  Yeah, ok.   Like I said "mythical":  

occurring in or characteristic of myths or folk tales.

idealized, especially with reference to the past.

fictitious

However, as I was raised in the tradition, and I see the holiday as more secular, I will "celebrate" the day off with family and we will have a great time

Even though he too was mythical (and Syrian), I will go with Sol Invictus ("The Unconquered Sun/Invincible Sun") for the solstice

Edited by KnewBee

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

thread title is a BS hypothetical.

It's a question, it's clearly hypothetical...if it bothers you, stay out of the thread...the title was pretty clear :huh: 

6 mins ago, TimS said:

It's a question, it's clearly hypothetical...if it bothers you, stay out of the thread...the title was pretty clear :huh: 

Fauci cannot cancel Christmas.  It does bother me that some people will run with a BS "story" that is not based in fact.   Just trying to provide the facts regarding the thread title.  

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Some guy that people wrote about generations after he was supposed to have lived in a language that is no longer used and has been translated dozens of times to completely miss the original mythical stories?  That guy?  Yeah, ok.   Like I said "mythical":  

fictitious

However, as I was raised in the tradition, and I see the holiday as more secular, I will "celebrate" the day off with family and we will have a great time

Knew B he existed! Whether you choose accept Him as Lord and Savior, is where the mythical part comes into play. But the man, did exist. 

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

"...At issue is a comment Fauci made Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation." Asked by host Margaret Brennan if "we can gather for Christmas, or it's just too soon to tell," Fauci replied, "You know, Margaret, it's just too soon to tell."

This means Fauci hasn't decided yet if he's planning on "letting us" gather for Christmas. It's not even a slight stretch to say Fauci is considering telling us we can't gather for Christmas - that's what is implied in "it's just too soon to tell". **** Fauci :wave: 

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Fauci cannot cancel Christmas.

Are you suggesting Fauci can't tell people not to gather together or limit the number of people that can gather together? 

1 min ago, TimS said:

Are you suggesting Fauci can't tell people not to gather together or limit the number of people that can gather together? 

Well the CDC can extend eviction moratoriums, why can't Fauci make us all stay home?  Fauci is an ass.

Cabo

7 mins ago, TimS said:

This means Fauci hasn't decided yet if he's planning on "letting us" gather for Christmas. It's not even a slight stretch to say Fauci is considering telling us we can't gather for Christmas - that's what is implied in "it's just too soon to tell". **** Fauci :wave: 

Agreed. I don't know what else can be implied from his answer other than that. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 mins ago, KnewBee said:

fictitious

Even though he too was mythical (and Syrian), I will go with Sol Invictus ("The Unconquered Sun/Invincible Sun") for the solstice

Josephus talks about him personally along with other verifiable accounts of history ..just saying...probably as close as a physical earthly account you will get by a legitimate figure and historian.. 

Edited by Carlezon

16 mins ago, TimS said:

I guess he can say whatever he wants.  But in the context of his comments, Fauci has not "canceled Christmas"

I also do not believe that anyone can cancel the holiday or actually limit the number of people that gather for it.   There may be people and groups that recommend "guidelines" and it will be up to individuals as to how they adhere to said guidelines, but there will be a Christmas 

2 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

I got this far before I realized I didn't give a crap about where this story was going.

maybe cut down on the needless details, like informing us that your Aunt's kid is your cousin.

and telling us when and where your cousin met his wife.....

this story is reads like it was written by someone WAAAAY deep on the spectrum.

I stopped reading it when I realized it was exactly the same way my wife tells a story :laugh: She could tell me a story in three sentences but fluffs it up to a few thousand words with pointless details...like that :scared: 

12 mins ago, KnewBee said:

I guess he can say whatever he wants.  But in the context of his comments, Fauci has not "canceled Christmas"

I also do not believe that anyone can cancel the holiday or actually limit the number of people that gather for it.   There may be people and groups that recommend "guidelines" and it will be up to individuals as to how they adhere to said guidelines, but there will be a Christmas 

Any state governor can, and they rely on Fauci for guidance.

3 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

Any state governor can, and they rely on Fauci for guidance.

There are 104,000 people at the stadium in Ann Arbor just about every other weekend... right under Gretchen Whitmer's nose.  Somehow I think the family Christmas gathering is gonna go off without a hitch.

BUT, if I am wrong, I will come back to this thread and admit it on that doleful Christmas morn.

33 mins ago, Slacker said:

Somehow I think the family Christmas gathering is gonna go off without a hitch.

Hell yea!! F*** Joe Biden!!!