If Fauci Cancels Christmas, Will Leftists Comply?

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

8 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Fauci won't cancel Christmas,

We Democrats already did.....

He might cancel Happy Holidays though.

Will you curtail any planned family gathering at if Fauci dictates that you should? 

Its For the children after all... 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

2 mins ago, KnewBee said:

thread title is a BS hypothetical.

"It's too early to tell..." 

Will you follow CDC guide Lines and cancel all of your Holiday Plans? 

For the children and all... 

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

Attended me sister's eldest daughter's this weekend up in NY. My Mom is 86 and on her side of the family, she had one sister who had one son, our cousin. My mother is his godmother and over the years we have been VERY close since we are his only family on his parents' side (his father had one childless brother). Over the years they have traveled from just north of Phili up to Westchester round trip for a day party, about six hours of driving. 

Things started to change about five years ago, with the Obama years (they were ecstatic) waning. The wife, who my cousin met sophomore year in college in the mid-1970s, has always been a whacky liberal and he has become almost as whacky over the years. They are rabid Trump haters and politics has not been able to be discussed with them for over 20 years, by mutual agreement. Since Covid they have been absolutely crazed by the virus. She is the worst of Karens and the virus brought out the worst in that archetype in her. 

So my sister sent them an invitation to the wedding and they never responded. The assumption was that they were coming since they never miss such a family celebration. However, the day of the wedding my cousin sent my sister a text saying that the wife had "bronchitis" and they could not attend. 

OK, you can say "stuff happens" but my cousin, in the past, would never miss such an event. He quite easily have come up alone (he does all the distance driving), even stayed the night. But that is not what happened.

I am willing to bet my Mom, in a recent phone call with him, mentioned my having Covid and she probably said I was not vaxxed. Given they way they have freaked about the virus (both in excellent health, no comorbidities) I call BS on the bronchitis and that was just their excuse for avoiding coming to what they likely thought to be a super-spreader event. 

We will not be seeing them for Thanksgiving or Christmas, that ship has sailed, which is really really sad. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Will you curtail any planned family gathering at if Fauci dictates that you should? 

Its For the children after all... 

eff Fauci, i will have a Fauci-faced piñata made and have everyone smack the chit out of it. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

14 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

Will the little corporal have the balls to cancel Kwanzaa?

If he was genuinely cornered about the virus spreading to largely unvaccinated populations he would 

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

"It's too early to tell..." 

Will you follow CDC guide Lines and cancel all of your Holiday Plans? 

No one is taking away the holiday for the mythical baby jesus.

What was ACTUALLY said

"...At issue is a comment Fauci made Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation." Asked by host Margaret Brennan if "we can gather for Christmas, or it's just too soon to tell," Fauci replied, "You know, Margaret, it's just too soon to tell."

What was actually heard by the right wingers:   Fauci says there will be no Christmas!     The local right wing radio host was calling him "The Fauci that stole Christmas" this morning.

The aftermath:

"...That was misinterpreted as my saying we can't spend Christmas with our families, which was absolutely not the case. I will be spending Christmas with my family, I encourage people, particularly the vaccinated people who are protected, to have a good, normal Christmas with your family."

It is time to consult with sports stars, pop singers and other "celebrities"  to see what they recommend for the holidays.  I bet there are a plethora of social media "scientists" that have cogent advice.   

As to your question?  "Will you follow CDC guide Lines and cancel all of your Holiday Plans? "

There are no such "guidelines"

4 mins ago, KnewBee said:

"...At issue is a comment Fauci made Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation." Asked by host Margaret Brennan if "we can gather for Christmas, or it's just too soon to tell," Fauci replied, "You know, Margaret, it's just too soon to tell."

classic. who the foooq is Fauci to even entertain the question? his response should have been that that decision is up to individuals and families to make, not something that a WH medical advisor, in his official capacity, should be opining upon. 

that you cannot see that shows how far your common sense is up your ass. 

- Victor Davis Hanson