UncleJohn

October 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

493 posts in this topic

All the Albie fever pretty much opened the door for quiet tog fishing. They are chewing very good. The big surprise was seeing Albies nobody would expect much further south then you would think in good numbers too. Boats and jet ski's know how to kill a party fast. I didnt even have time to switch rods as they past me so close blasting out the water as if they were in the fast lane on the parkway. A few guys got them which was cool.

20211003_144317.jpg

Moco arrival before sun up.  Birds working all along the wash pecking at the rain bait.  Albies came in around 8am but it was a very weird and sporadic bite.  No big blitzes or plumes of surfacing fish just barely a few popping on the surface and gone the next second.  Ended up with 3 on blind casts though for my efforts and only saw 1 other caught with another dozen guys around me.  Key today was heavy slender metal casted further than everyone else was casting.  Action died around 11.  I got lucky. 

A7EBE343-3C5F-4F09-9118-F9AB839735C6.jpeg

E946B35A-ED76-4570-833B-290960058543.jpeg

17 mins ago, Chrisfish1 said:

Moco arrival before sun up.  Birds working all along the wash pecking at the rain bait.  Albies came in around 8am but it was a very weird and sporadic bite.  No big blitzes or plumes of surfacing fish just barely a few popping on the surface and gone the next second.  Ended up with 3 on blind casts though for my efforts and only saw 1 other caught with another dozen guys around me.  Key today was heavy slender metal casted further than everyone else was casting.  Action died around 11.  I got lucky. 

A7EBE343-3C5F-4F09-9118-F9AB839735C6.jpeg

E946B35A-ED76-4570-833B-290960058543.jpeg

I was a few down from you.  It was frustrating.   They popped in front of me and made a left towards you.  I walked off Around thay time as well.  Glad you caught.  

A4FC5659-D836-4372-AA4F-CB83B1D0A0C4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

I was a few down from you.  It was frustrating.   They popped in front of me and made a left towards you.  I walked off Around thay time as well.  Glad you caught.  

A4FC5659-D836-4372-AA4F-CB83B1D0A0C4.jpeg

It was definitely an odd bite but I can complain since I got a few.  Weather isn’t looking ideal for the next few days but ya never know!  I’ll be out of town for a week so hopefully they are still around and more plentiful when I get back.

My beach full of report chasers all day, many dozens of them. None of them caught a single fish. Hope they bought some sandwiches in the local deli spent some money in the local shops. Had them all asking about the huge albie blitz here this morning There were no albies here this morning No bait around S wind let’s see what tomorrow brings 

49 mins ago, suntzu said:

My beach full of report chasers all day, many dozens of them. None of them caught a single fish. Hope they bought some sandwiches in the local deli spent some money in the local shops. Had them all asking about the huge albie blitz here this morning There were no albies here this morning No bait around S wind let’s see what tomorrow brings 

Now thats funny

Weekend report from several stops in MC. Saturday 430 pm - 730 pm, a schoolie bass, a stargazer, and a fat, 26" fluke.  Sunday just one cocktail all day.  

went out back this evening- walked into a bluefish blitz- had the 2 handed fly rod- took some time to figure out what they wanted- most were small 2 pound fish but ended evening with a 10 pounder. was a fun fish. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went to an inlet on the outgoing. Was very quiet for a sunday..I guess everyone was report chasing down in somoco. Didnt catch anything myself. Wasnt a total loss. Was entertained by 3 russian guys trying to land a giant CNR. They tried cast netting it to lift it up? I dont speak russian but while trying to figure out how to hoist it up Im pretty sure they were calling each other every dirty word in the book.  Many times I heard them calling each other something that sounded like "idiota." Thats gotta translate to idiot. They were pretty harsh on each other until they got it up. Once that happened it was all selfies and smiles for the camera. I was expecting them to toss it back dead but to my surprise they harvested it. Hey @Goldy you should target them CNR while waiting for albies to show. Mullet chunk on a fishfinder rig. Spike three rods at the tip. Bring a bucket.

Edited by adams54

Late report moco out front. Slow pick this AM with a few out of season fluke mixed in. Not sure that I understand the bitching going on…. don’t report things on a fishing website if you think it blows up your local spots.I don’t think SOL is responsible I think it’s more Facebook and IG live.

Next weekend is a fishing tournament all along the beaches in OC.  Better get out there early and claim your spot before the mob hits the beach.

Headed out for an afternoon romp with the wife and dog.  Tethered her to my waist to see how she would do if I take her in the mornings alone with me, she was very good and stayed by my side most of the time and didn't chase the lure, ill give her another try when I have someone with me...

Birds were working the water pretty good and some bass swirls under them, saw lots of splashing when I arrived and ran to get the pole when I arrived but it was gone when I got back.  They were in an out and I couldn't hook up..

Sunday night..Moco inside late outgoing. Bass swirling and popping on hordes of big spearing.   Got one that looked to be 28 in. Maybe a little bigger.  Quick released as I grabbed the leader.  Had another come unbuttoned at the end of a long cast.  The rest of the time it was frustrating with all of the bait.  Couldn't compete. Mambo minnows accounted for the fish.  Definitely some bigger bass than the dinks I've seen lately.

8 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

Late report moco out front. Slow pick this AM with a few out of season fluke mixed in. Not sure that I understand the bitching going on…. don’t report things on a fishing website if you think it blows up your local spots.I don’t think SOL is responsible I think it’s more Facebook and IG live.

I think the days of SOL being the responsible for burning spots are over.  Insta and fbook are indeed the culprits.  This is the reason I only post on those platforms when the fish I’m catching are long gone for the season.

13 mins ago, Chrisfish1 said:

I think the days of SOL being the responsible for burning spots are over.  Insta and fbook are indeed the culprits.  This is the reason I only post on those platforms when the fish I’m catching are long gone for the season.

It’s on all platforms, it’s not one or the other. SOL plays a large role and started the culture in the first place. Plus new guys come here for info, see all the over sharing, and then think that’s what you’re supposed to do…