UncleJohn

October 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

862 posts in this topic

when are the fishing analytics going to start?They would be helpful. Everyone send me their fishing spots whether you catch or not,type of fishing done,lures  used or bait,tides,wind,any bait sitings,etcetera yada yada yada!Dont forget! it must be the truth for this to work>

4 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

when are the fishing analytics going to start?They would be helpful. Everyone send me their fishing spots whether you catch or not,type of fishing done,lures  used or bait,tides,wind,any bait sitings,etcetera yada yada yada!Dont forget! it must be the truth for this to work>

They already do ;) still fine tuning the algorithm 

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, suntzu said:

Beautiful quiet night, not much going on When the clouds cleared you could see a few shooting stars

Draconids. They are best right at dark. They're around for a few nights.

Edited by Mike

8 mins ago, Mike said:

Draconids. They are best right at dark. They're around for a few nights.

All that time in the Tavern surprisingly hasn’t rotted your brain. Impressive. 

15 mins ago, SIC34 said:

So, nobody is catching ****...as usual. You guys are awesome. 

Nobody said that just nobody’s talking about it

Out front moco last night for the outgoing tide.  Decent white water with time between sets of waves.  Started out with a light east breeze that was managable, but after an hour and a half it increased and made it tough to throw most lures.  Skunked, but was nice to get out.  

9 hours ago, SIC34 said:

So, nobody is catching ****...as usual. You guys are awesome. 

What are you catching? 

Snooped around CMC and AC last night on the incoming tide out back.  Not much going on, caught a dozen micro blues on soft plastics.  No sign of bass.

Ene wind ,you have to want to fight the wind out front or go to the back bays …they did have small craft up ….tide is coming up so maybe their will be reports around noon today…

Late Report from Yesterday.   NMoCo 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM    It was a nice day at the beach.   Sunny with southwest wind, fairly calm except for some 2 ft swells  Did see some small bait in the water when I retrieved my lure through a school, but not thick enough.   Also saw large schools of bunker that moved within reach a few times, but nothing interested in my offerings.  The schools of bunker extended as far as I could see in some spots,  I talked to somebody who said that there was a whale that moved over to this area.  He also told me that he heard of somebody that caught a Spanish Mackerel.   After the bunker moved out I started getting some hits.   Landed a few snapper blues and and 2 Hickories.  I must have jumped about 10 Hickories, so I was batting about 200 with the Hickories 

What I have learned over time here is when there aren't much reports of catching, its hot somewhere! When there is a lot of arguing and complaints, its slow. Gotta read between the lines. Chasing reports has always been a loss for me anyway.

Nice morning participation remarkably low for a Saturday water still warm & clean but will get dirty quick as the tide falls out and these building swells & tight sets crash on the outer bars. Was very fishable earlier but its now a steady ENE at 20 which creates challenges That said, there is a fella with a fly rod on the beach Chapeau to you good man!

Just now, suntzu said:

steady ENE at 20 which creates challenges That said, there is a fella with a fly rod on the beach Chapeau to you good man!

Sisyphean