UncleJohn

October 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

487 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are...….

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Been down in South Carolina. How's the bite been up here? I'll be back tonight but can't get out this weekend. Did some shrimpin' and fishing but only caught sharks and lady fish

Very quiet start to the month. Fished an hour into the top SSW came due W didn’t help. Decent swell creating some rolling water which is off color and a tad mungy. Aside from adult bunker earlier today nothing around bait wise for a second day and a back to back skunk for me for the first time since April. Weather has been pretty calm for awhile so all the holes are filed in and there is a lot of new sand on the shallow beaches, you sink a half a foot in that new sand at the top so at least its some exercise 

23 mins ago, bechill11 said:

Time for a stunod question. Wish wind is best for surf fishing?

Whatever direction it's blowing when I'm catching the biggest and most fish

32 mins ago, bechill11 said:

West is best. North - fish come forth. East - fish will feast. South - bait blows in their mouth. You are welcome.

Haven’t been out in over a month, my truck was in the shop, and my rods didn’t fit in the rental car.

Finally got back out today OC backbay at incoming high tide from 5-7pm. Peanuts, and adult bunker jumping all over.

Threw much of my bag, no bites. Two other guys were nearby didn’t see them get anything either. Would of stayed later but had to poop, typing this report back home from the John, lol. Hopefully try again tomorrow.

2 hours ago, bechill11 said:

I’ve never heard of “wish” wind. Is that the wind you experience while dreaming of fishing?

Late report, yesterday morning. 

Got out before sunup, wind was blowing from N/NW, choppy water but clear, almost no surf.  Tons of small bait and snappers in the wash. Nothing but some small blues. Saw some albies 2-300 yards off the beach, that was stopped as soon as some idiot in a boat drove right into the middle of them lol. Was hilarious. 

18 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

predawn into the sunrise- beautiful morning on a N/MC beach. Not a tap and hardly any bait seen- Surfs up-water warm- know how I am gonna spend afternoon. 

I’ll just quote this since I came here to write pretty much the exact same thing. 

Fished out front MOCO 5:30 am 7:30 am.. Big surf, great water between sets.  Between my last two kayak outings and this mornings surf session my batting average is at an all time low.  Several swings and misses this morning.  Landed two small bass. 20 in and 25 in. Lost one at the rocks.  Fish were stacked up in a rip near the end of a rock pile. All action on  4" white shad paddle tail.  Saw alot of rain fish around.

Outfront moco this morning for hightide. Light west wind with a kick from the south every now and then.  

The water looked great.  Decent amount of time between sets of small waves and lots of whitewater.  Unfortunitly the fish didn't cooperate. Had one good tap, but that was it.  Didn't see any bait in the water and it didn't look like others on the beach had much action either.