luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2021

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

The drum were elusive yesterday. Specifically last night at 7pm when I lost one in the wash.

I saw the dorsal fin and tail and she spit the hook and was gone..

Got a few spot and whiting. No sharks or skates.

3 hours ago, 7nBait said:

The drum were elusive yesterday. Specifically last night at 7pm when I lost one in the wash.

I saw the dorsal fin and tail and she spit the hook and was gone..

Got a few spot and whiting. No sharks or skates.

4pm yesterday to 5 pm today. No Drum. 
Tons of 10 inch blues and Kingfish. 2 at 14 inches. 2 skate, 

yesterday was the day, this am only - small Blue, the wind picked up and the water was stained. 

Friday 2pm until Saturday 8am , a few spot and kings but big rods remained inactive until 3 am Saturday morning. 2 reds 48" and a 50". Wednesday into Thurs was nuts. All the kings you could want, only kept half dozen for bait. Went 6 for 8 on reds. 2 slot sized pups at 23" and 27", then 4 bigger girls with a 40" 48" 49" and 50.5" my buddy landed 2 reds both were 47". Lost 2 due to getting broken off when they were out passed the bar. This fall has been fantastic for me. I hope it last just a little longer but seeing all this west wind forecast over the next few days has me knowing those water temps are gonna drop quick. Hope I'm wrong..

4 hours ago, dave sharkman said:

This fall has been fantastic for me. I hope it last just a little longer but seeing all this west wind forecast over the next few days has me knowing those water temps are gonna drop quick. Hope I'm wrong..

You have had a great fall. How many reds are you up to at this point??

9 hours ago, BLilly said:

You have had a great fall. How many reds are you up to at this point??

I'm at 30 as of Saturday morning, its been a fantastic fall. The only other year I've done better was 2018. 

9 mins ago, dave sharkman said:

I'm at 30 as of Saturday morning, its been a fantastic fall. The only other year I've done better was 2018. 

Yeah you really can't complain at all, though you certainly put in a lot of time to catch that many. 

1 hour ago, BLilly said:

Yeah you really can't complain at all, though you certainly put in a lot of time to catch that many. 

That's for sure, average 14 to 16 hour sessions. Kinda my last big push for the season get it all out of my system for winter lol. 

Saturday was the day for kingfish and Pompano, didn't catch anything else.  Sunday the only thing I caught was a 45" drum, but I would take that any day over the kingfish :) Had a lot of bait stealers on Saturday, on Sunday I would bring back in whole heads that have been barely touched.

Just got checked by a conservation officer,  gearing down at the inlet. Nice to see they're actively looking for scumbags taking small fish. The situation has gotten outta hand. 

The best thing about the encounter is I now have 2 conservation officer's cell #'s in my phone.

It was a really good drum season. Managed 14 fishing from the full moon in sept til this past weekend. 

just a few of them attached. 

can’t wait til next year

6DF7B52B-D928-4E64-8C2A-25170F4B36BD.jpeg

C3B7F357-319C-4A3B-A223-F0A5033D7061.jpeg

1EF23B25-7B7F-4860-AC5C-18000F652589.jpeg

A1D82E4C-978D-467C-A8B1-6DE2986874A7.jpeg

A74EF816-30D0-4785-818A-82A3757228AD.jpeg

55C4B9F1-AD84-4EFF-8ACD-0714AF0D9FD1.jpeg

On 10/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, Go Fish said:

All the spot and small black drum you want from the Bethany surf. FBBW tipped with sand fleas.

Nice report in October. Most fish caught at AI. Never been (yet). Glad to see that you can be productive on the beaches up north of AI. 

On 10/22/2021 at 0:51 PM, d-man said:

Great season you had there linesider, nice photos.  I love the sunrise red photo.  

I was hoping for a sunrise red this year and glad I was lucky enough to get one