luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2021

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Fishing is good, friends / family on the sand is better, both combined is the best!

AI Friday night to Saturday at noon. KI bunker and bloodworms from Bucks. 1 shark run bite off and 1 small skate. Water temp was 71. Ruts are teeth shattering, we need some rain. Leaving the beach Saturday was 145 on the sand and 20 waiting to get on... NPS was parked at the pumps watching 1 off 1 on..

Hopefully the crowds will thin out in the next couple of weeks. 

Fished Ai-Va Saturday afternoon low tide at noon to high tide at dusk and Sunday morning high tide starting out. El Skunko. Saw one sea mullet and one spot caught...both small. Hate to say it but the surf at the walk over beaches doesn't look very good to me. You have the Outer bar and what looks like very skinny water in front with no obvious breaks in the bar and no discernible deep sloughs....for two miles. Thinking we need a storm or two to maybe create some breaks and scour some deep spots.

Fished Friday. A.I. Maryland Side. Caught a 53” drum. Bunker headsOnly a couple raps of line left before he turned. He was a fatty. Saw a couple caught. Good to see puppy drum caught. No hole or structure were I was. Most caught at end of outgoing tide at night. Dave(critter) will appreciate the picture. He will have to show me how to do the drum selfie.

2ECD6A4D-0808-4DC3-9699-45F4A15EBF56.jpeg

80F696A1-E5D3-4A2E-A97D-E022405CC228.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

The wife and I caught a couple of upper slot pups this morning on AiVa. We each lost another fish in the wash, the wife had hands on hers after it popped off the line ( she was pissed). 

163ABBB3-8A99-4D65-9B2A-711E1396BD49.jpeg

1B0A7D22-6F61-4327-819B-367F225E6265.jpeg

Edited by BLilly

54 mins ago, Poolman said:

Fished Friday. A.I. Maryland Side. Caught a 53” drum. Bunker headsOnly a couple raps of line left before he turned. He was a fatty. Saw a couple caught. Good to see puppy drum caught. No hole or structure were I was. Most caught at end of outgoing tide at night. Dave(critter) will appreciate the picture. He will have to show me how to do the drum selfie.

2ECD6A4D-0808-4DC3-9699-45F4A15EBF56.jpeg

80F696A1-E5D3-4A2E-A97D-E022405CC228.jpeg

Dang Dan.  You vioated my patent.  What a HOG!

Drum selfie.png

11 species this weekend much to the delight my son.  Bucktailing between tides was relatively productive for Flounder but all were short. Caught a few upper slot pups for the table this week and managed a few Bulls the biggest was 50”.  Played Drum or Butterfly Ray game more times than I care to admit :banghd:

C1DD478C-063F-43C8-8076-9B8E57FC479E.jpeg

2FC19892-E028-4470-A86D-EFA123F0EB81.jpeg

D4BBE545-5726-4C7F-8F9B-8151F610140C.jpeg

Saturday 10-2-21

54 Tog, 2 keepers at 26.25. 
Ran the boat out of Roosevelt Inlet. 
2 others I know had the same result. One over 40 fish 2 keeper Tog and a Sheepshead and the other over 50 fish no keepers, 

Some nice catches there in AI fellas, nice work!!

Fished the early am outback in Sussex County.....combination of bluefish and stripers caught up to 25".

Plenty of bait observed.

Friday we had 1 26" pup with a few small black drum, kingfish, pompano, 2 small flounder and spot. Great day on the beach, just wish we had hooked into something larger (maybe this Friday!)

The wife and I have had a great 5 days at AiVa. We’ve caught 10 drum ranging from 24” to 49” (5 were slot sized, the wife caught 2 while fishing for flounder which looked like a blast to catch).  We also caught a good number of blues and a few flounder. It’s looking like one more decent day until the wind picks up, so we will see what tomorrow brings. 

9937E3AB-5D3E-42C2-8533-0F9832DFCF63.jpeg