Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Things to do when the wind chill hits -20?

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

In another couple of weeks, we will have turned the corner. Until then, buy more stuff and read about fishing. I guess by now everyone has cleaned their reals and replaced their Mustad hooks with VMC 4X.

Maybe you should get a lathe Tim, and start making and selling your own plugs. That ought to chew up the remaining few minutes that you have to spare on any given day.

And if you still have time left on your hands, go ask the wife what you should be doingcwm31.gif

Go home early (assuming your wife works) and surprise her with a different home cooked dinner at least once a week, building up to a super Valentines day event of a mid town dinner and Broadway show.

It develpopes a stronger relationship, you can become more knowledgeable as you refer to cook books, it shows her how much you care, and most importantly

IT FILLS THE COOKIE JAR EARLY icon14.gif

This is the time to keep fishing related "things" out of the normal dailey routine wink.gif keep it to a minimum, and then for me it is tying bucktails and teasers, bang out a few pounds of sinkers and smiling bill heads etc, change hooks and split rings were needed, complile written logs into a database and see paterns that you may have missed icon14.gif than do a YOY and see where you might want to be this year icon14.gif

Mike Lang

------------------

4thsquad3.jpgusa3.gif

[This message has been edited by Mike Lang (edited 01-28-2003).]

My advise would be to curl up and cuddle with Carole or cleo , clifton , cedrick , or cleatus ( your cat ).

If cleatus is the cat - who are the others beside Carolerolleyes.gif

So far ChrisL idea sounds bestcwm12.gif

Hey, I'll go stand outside at 2am in 25 degree weather with a 15kt wind in my face and do further crab research...but when it's only like 8 degrees...and the wind's doin' 25kt, I gotta draw the linesmile.gif

Not to mention, the damn crabs appear to have curled up in the mud and don't wanna play right nowfrown.gif Lazy bastages...I figger, hey, they're fargin' crabs...they gotta eat...so what it's cold down there? But noooo...they just don't wanna eat.

Now researchin' crab habits and trap designs in the middle of a 20 degree night, soaking wet with the wind in yer face is one thing, I can do thatsmile.gif But the same scenario minus the crabs and even I begin to question my sanitycwm24.gif

TimS