FALL RUN - I give up

Rate this topic

Snapper Popper

On 9/30/2021 at 6:24 AM, i_like_poppers said:

On the Nightshift podcast, Campo put it best. Everything works and there are no hard set rules, just some things work better than others at a given tme. 

Good luck and nice catch.

That was a great listen with Steve Campo.  Everything works.  A guy could walk on to the beach at noon, throw a old rusty lure and catch a 50 pounder on his first cast.  But averaged out over a whole season that is incredibly rare.  Its about paying attention and making small adjustments to maximize the amount of fish you catch. 

9 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Ah damn, that's right. Guess I'll just sit on the shore where nothings going on so I can be elite. 

You wouldn’t know what’s doing on the shore because your sitting on your yak and listen to hearsay from guys that can’t make an adjustment.

Has nothing to do with being elite.

Good amount of bass and blues right now on the beach and the bays.

Albies showing up too.

Lots of ways to bend a rod right now on foot not just from a yak.

50 mins ago, Striperhunter9 said:

Who would’ve thought it’s easier to catch a weakfish right now than a striper 

AND... people are singing like canaries ...I mean honestly when is the last time cars came out in droves to target October weakfish? (seriously when).

A few stumbled on a bite and PHUKING blasted it all over... 2 cars turned to nowhere to park.

Sound familiar ?

Seems like the only sacred bite these days is Sea Robbins 

5 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

AND... people are singing like canaries ...I mean honestly when is the last time cars came out in droves to target October weakfish? (seriously when).

A few stumbled on a bite and PHUKING blasted it all over... 2 cars turned to nowhere to park.

Sound familiar ?

Seems like the only sacred bite these days is Sea Robbins 

Well said dude! 

Everyone puts each other on so hard it’s ridiculous! Soon the weakfish will be gone too…

Edited by CLFish5

22 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

I secretly love you and now the internet knows...my bruddah  :point:

I had em all to myself in for two weeks the end of august. Word got out and haven’t been back since. Since when do we target weakfish with 11’ rods and van staals? Lol it’s comical at thisnpoint

Edited by Striperhunter9

42 mins ago, CLFish5 said:

Soon the weakfish will be gone too…

Weakfish has been gone for long, long time.

They sailed away; disappeared in the dark.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

5 hours ago, LowEnd said:

You wouldn’t know what’s doing on the shore because your sitting on your yak and listen to hearsay from guys that can’t make an adjustment.

Has nothing to do with being elite.

Good amount of bass and blues right now on the beach and the bays.

Albies showing up too.

Lots of ways to bend a rod right now on foot not just from a yak.

Lmao its called being a 3-dimensional fisherman my dude. More than one way to skin a cat. Im and avid surf caster as well, always had been until a few years ago when I got a kayak. Bite isn't looking to good from the shore? Well then ill go to the fish. Many years of night shift no sleep, go to work days under my belt. And the elite comment is because for whatever reason boat fisherman/kayak fisherman are always looked down upon by guys like you. So before ya sling s---, why don't you consider theres other ways to do things?

2 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Weakfish has been gone for long, long time.

They sailed away; disappeared in the dark.

Nah Popa, plenty still around. Theyre mixed in with the schoolies and 5lb blues hammering away at the crazy blow up of baitfish. The larger concentrations seem to have been broken up over the last month however. They used to be THICK.

6 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Lmao its called being a 3-dimensional fisherman my dude. More than one way to skin a cat. Im and avid surf caster as well, always had been until a few years ago when I got a kayak. Bite isn't looking to good from the shore? Well then ill go to the fish. Many years of night shift no sleep, go to work days under my belt. And the elite comment is because for whatever reason boat fisherman/kayak fisherman are always looked down upon by guys like you. So before ya sling s---, why don't you consider theres other ways to do things?

Know lots of guys who yak and boat fish. Jump on the boat myself sometimes.

Don’t look down on anybody. Didn’t sling poop.

Don’t group me with others and put words in my mouth please.

Talking about weird seasons. I witnessed a blitz this morning right on the wash in front of me. Fish were very thick and were feeding on smelt. It went on for about half hour and they were still going on when I left. That would generally be a nice thing, but there was a weird aspect to it: what was blitzing was snapper size blues, not even cocktail size ones, and...shad. From being hunted, shad became the hunters. :laugh::laugh::laugh: