Snapper Popper

FALL RUN - I give up

Rate this topic

450 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, JimmyBean said:

The Skunken Ghetto clown show is always good for a laugh.

damn, you cant make this stuff up.

I always am so anxious when I see 6 guys get into a pool raft and float out into the sound to fish.

Sunken Meadow sounds a lot like Orchard Beach/City Island. Nothing says “Western Sound” like watching guys catch 8 inch porgies on a 13ft Ugly Stik. 

On 10/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, baldadonis2002 said:

Had 2 out of the 3 ( no bait )...held my ballz in my hand for hours with nothing to show for it.

Diamond jig crowd showed up at sunrise...I go bye bye now

I heard it helps to move your hand!  Just sayin'

7 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

when I see 6 guys get into a pool raft and float out into the sound to fish.

That is almost nightly ritual in Bayville area.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:03 PM, dc1874 said:

Give Up??  Did we give up when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor!!! It aint over till WE say its over ..whose with me..lets goooooo !!!!

The Germans have slanted eyes.

im seeing monster squid on both shores.... wondering if there are any bass on them.   during my years in CT/MA that seemed to be the predominate bait we would use or imitate.

The biggest key to my success this season has been the Youtubers that drop a camera down at the base of the jetty and the videos on what's in their Fall surf bag.

Without these absolutely critical videos my decade of knowledge would be useless.

10 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

im seeing monster squid on both shores.... wondering if there are any bass on them.   during my years in CT/MA that seemed to be the predominate bait we would use or imitate.

Yes 

5 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

The biggest key to my success this season has been the Youtubers that drop a camera down at the base of the jetty and the videos on what's in their Fall surf bag.

Without these absolutely critical videos my decade of knowledge would be useless.

News flash! Fish hang out by pilings and rock jetties! This just in; if you bait a jig and drop it down, other species will attack it! 

More after 11.

Just doesn’t sit well with me watching all these south shore party boats limiting out on bass 4-5 times a day. Pictures of dozens and dozens of fish being harvested, over slots being held by the gills, etc etc.