Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

Seas were angry my friend, yesterday check in Cape E was insane

went to “check on the boat” again in the harbor after work today 

astoundingly and not surprisingly the Cooler still had ice and a beer to enable me to check bilge and lines safely and maintain focus 

still a lot of varied bait stacked on the far side in the Lee flat

as I sat In my docked craft, protected and  buffeting still strong winds I spied across the harbor 

i bet there are still a few fish in there amongst the huge forage

letting the weather settle a bit more before my swan song attempt 

leaving on a moose hunt into the nether regions on Saturday for a week and also chasing elusive fat northern white tail so likely my last few closing pitches will happen on Friday 

overall a good season, fished many places I haven’t before and caught a good amount of fish, and put new friends on fish with only 3 skunks for the year.  I am certainly thankful for that, But overall distribution of size is certainly of concern.  Most of the fish I caught this year will be keepers next year if nothing changes.  How long will they last…..

9 fish above the slot this year, and memorable.   I’ll take that, all but one at night.

here’s to a great winter slumber for us all, wishing you and your families and friends health, happiness and looking forward as always to what next year brings 

Eternal tight lines my friends

Jim 

Put in about an hour at my go-to spot tonight, but no bass seen or caught. Tide/current was perfect. Super nice nite tho, I was glad to be out. I'll give it a couple more tries before I call it. 

Edited by evan1

21 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

Froze my ass off this morning.  Not a bite.

Lol, yikes....I might try a cast or two this weekend, time to get the yarn and  knitting needles out...

This morning marked 3 consecutive skunkings for me. Thinking striper season has officially come to a close, but interested to see others reports from the next couple days. 

56 mins ago, evan1 said:

This morning marked 3 consecutive skunkings for me. Thinking striper season has officially come to a close, but interested to see others reports from the next couple days. 

About that time.................I am glad to see it done, just in the fact that it was a long year for me , health issues up the ying yang, was unreal to be watching, fishing with, good fishermen and and alot of skunks were the normal, hate that. Just seems now, the older I get, I seem to be losing interest  every year...Been tough to remember how it was, at one time, and where we are at now...it wont change over night guys....

5 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

Nice closure to my striper season.

20211102_092049.jpg

No only do I love this fish and a great closer, but it also shows just how big an actual measured 18” trout is. This thing would eat a lot of the “20” trout” on the inter webs. 

On 11/2/2021 at 4:31 PM, TGIF Harpswell said:

No only do I love this fish and a great closer, but it also shows just how big an actual measured 18” trout is. This thing would eat a lot of the “20” trout” on the inter webs. 

Lmao I know what u mean. I caught a decent brown in a local stream the other day. Decent fish. I’m thinking 20” easy so I mark the fish length to my rod and measure my rod when I get home. Sure enough only 18” lol. 

I fished north of Portland on Saturday morning- good looking water, nice weather- all I got was wet.  I ended up going to the East Outlet and Bingham for the closer on Sunday.  Headed out after work for a combo surf clam/fishing jaunt.  Sunday I am going to Plum Island early and then hitting York County beaches on the way back.  It will time to focus on ducks and sea runs after that.