Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

I have been having some fun under dock lights the past few nights, some decent schools of mixed size bait inciting some after hours topwater action. Since I somehow managed to ruin my new rio fly line in only three moths (began to crack on the sink tip before the coating completely fell off) I have been restricted to my five weight, good thing its only schoolies. key has been a dead drift/ swing in the current with weightless flies or slow stripped white clouser. 

For those of you in the area, there are still fish in Southern Maine.    I got two this AM in 45 minutes.   Unfortunately the back sent me a message and I'm reluctantly quitting.   In summary, I had the best one-day of fishing in my life with 3 fish over 37 inches, 5 in the old slot and one dink.   Yet, the season, as a whole, was a disaster.   I may be a glutton for punishment but I know where I'll be 7 months from now (god willing).     I wish you all the very best, recreationally, health-wise and economically.      

Interesting today.  Got out of work early and went to my little sod bank.  1st cast, got a hit.  After that, nothing for about an hour or so.  Ended up with 1 schoolie (no skunk!).  

Interesting part is I saw a sea run brown, threw a rusty kastmaster, and had what looked like a school of them follow it.  But that was the last I saw of them.  Very elusive.

My next try will be next Thursday and/or Friday. 

Edited by Skunkoff

Still a few schoolies around the rocks this morning. I’m guessing the strong NE wind we are supposed to get this week will probably push most of what’s left on south.  Get out today or tomorrow morning if you can!

I will give Thursday and Friday a shot as well after work ( not much time after work these days...)  I may end up spending the day running the roads south of Portland and see what I can find.