Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

I don’t comment too much on here but figured maybe I’ll start. Went out Thursday night and Friday night, both trips produced 20+ fish each. Mostly fish between 20”-24”. Couple fish on the lower end of the “keeper range” and one fish at 40”. Headed out again tonight. 

10 mins ago, Conley1993 said:

I don’t comment too much on here but figured maybe I’ll start. Went out Thursday night and Friday night, both trips produced 20+ fish each. Mostly fish between 20”-24”. Couple fish on the lower end of the “keeper range” and one fish at 40”. Headed out again tonight. 

Nice, above or below portland?

Skipped out early on Friday afternoon.  After two fruitless hours, I found them.  7 fish, including one 29".  Still eating the crouser, until yesterday that is...  Fished the last two hours of the drop and first 2.5 of the incoming- nada until the very end and got two dinks.  Very windy.  I think the crab bite might finally be done.  Turning to fresh this coming weekend- Bingham and blast and Saturday and East Outlet on Sunday (unless I get good reports from the surf...).

Water temps very consistent around 60’f. I would expect it to drop with cooler weather coming through, will be interesting to see if it has an effect. This time last year sea temps were 54/55’f. 

My back allowed me an hour on the beach just before high this AM.   Nothing.   I did see a lot birds working a couple hundred yards offshore.    I still believe we have a week or more.    

Still decent fish all around my haunts in good numbers.  Likely I'll be Shooting for that never caught before Nov Bass (for me) this year.

Seems like things are at least two weeks off typical cycle. (later)  Usually, by Oct 10th, based on my logs the last 10 years things get scarce to none in my area (by my hand), if anything its tiny rats at this point.  Ive yet to get a skunk in the last 10 outings over 2 1/2 weeks and most days are 10+ fish in only a fw hours/trip. Also, the size is unusually larger 

I'll take it 

Jim

Out yesterday. quick macks. slow at a few regular spots, not even a hit. Finally a fat 27 near the river mouth. Slower than last Sunday. oh, and a few missed strikes.