Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

149 posts in this topic

16 mins ago, stormy monday said:

Season is fading away and I'm sitting on the damned couch waiting for the *&#*@^%$ refrigerator to be delivered in its 5 hour window grrrr. Picked the right time to retire but wrong time to move I guess. Hopefully they show soon and I can make a run of the Southern Me/NH beaches this afternoon, this is killing me.

Look at the good side.   You're retired.   You could still be working and waiting for the refrigerator.   

Played hooky yesterday afternoon.  York County, two hours into the incoming.  Hooked fish on each of my first five casts, landed 3.  Not a whack for the next three hours...  Fished a crouser on the flat in the surf, low and slow.  solid low 20s fish.  

6 mins ago, titleguy said:

Played hooky yesterday afternoon.  York County, two hours into the incoming.  Hooked fish on each of my first five casts, landed 3.  Not a whack for the next three hours...  Fished a crouser on the flat in the surf, low and slow.  solid low 20s fish.  

Ha, I have been off all week, got some decent ones as well, yesterday... Will probably take a ride by a few beaches, if not today, tomorrow

1 hour ago, 7 Rivers said:

Ha, I have been off all week, got some decent ones as well, yesterday... Will probably take a ride by a few beaches, if not today, tomorrow

No surface action yesterday where I was.  I did see breaking fish in Back Cove in Portland about 11 this morning.  

5 hours ago, 7 Rivers said:

Got a few stripers today, mid 20s, unreal day it was, saw no blitzes, got on ss floating poppers..

8 hours ago, MartyK said:

Look at the good side.   You're retired.   You could still be working and waiting for the refrigerator.   

True dat! And after they showed and I got it installed and loaded up had a nice tour of the coast looking for bird action. I didn't see any, and the beach I had in mind was jammed with people swimming(!) but it was nice to finally get out for a few hours. Lost all of September and most of October to selling/moving but I'm now perfectly set up for next spring. It'll take me till then to find where my fly boxes wound up in the storage unit...

Quick 20

minutes before sundown in my hood 

still fish around.   Not prepared, one rigged popper, limited time 

throwing what I had, good strikes but no hookups, will be back tomorrow with appropriate offerings 

Jim. 

I got 4 dinks yesterday, so they're still around Southern Maine.   Unfortunately, I can't go out today and the next few days will be windy, but I'm still in the game.   

Slayed limits of haddock out on Jefferys, hung out with some humpbacks, and played with schoolies along the rocks on the way back to Gloucester harbor yesterday. 

D2F24773-4752-4480-845F-F495FD7B3F41.jpeg

AC94D937-E60D-43CA-B1E9-0EAF964CB2D2.jpeg

2 mins ago, jimbighead said:

Crazy to say, Oct 15 and still finding decent fish. 

don’t give up, get out there people 

Jim 

B9EAEB91-DF57-43D7-A80D-CB5BBD505C13.jpeg

ED34A8C7-E73F-4637-9292-35F6EFF61272.jpeg

Awesome Jim, you are above Portland as well, I am thinking some November stripers..