Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jimbighead said:

Insane activity tonight. Huge pods of pogies with seals and likely bass on em. Negative tide kept us off but also great schools Of big silversides and what looked like peanuts    Slurping galore.  Competition for bait was insane.  When the tide started to fill and the sun went down we got onto a flat and started picking up fish on 4” sluggos, small tried and true al gags schoolie popper (pink) definitely some bigger fish in the mix but we didn’t get to them 

pogie chunk out fished all the top/swimmer offerings.   Fat angry small fish but a lot of them 

get out there people 

Jim 

65836E64-98ED-416E-8D44-1EA78784BF19.jpeg

Nice Jim, thanks for the report. I am going to focus on an over night trip this weekend, I am off all weekend and next week..

Solid night last night- fished until 7:15.  Nothing huge- biggest was 22".  Super fun on the 8 weight glass.  Size 1 purple over olive gartside sofft hackle was the ticket.  Tons of silversides/brits/sand eels when the incoming started.  I would have gotten some real striper thumb but I was also clam "scouting" for Saturday morning.  I was hit my northern spot tomorrow after work until dark and the back south on Saturday morning.  My son is coming in on Saturday for a few days and we are fishing Monday.  If we can launch, we may go to the Essex in MA.  if not, we will fish Casco Bay in the morning and Scarb in the afternoon/evening.

21 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

glad to see fish still north of jersey- gives hope for rest of October/November. 

Fish the pipe where they train our boys in blue for me 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have winterized my saltwater boat and have turned my attention to deer (bow season in NH), ducks, grouse and woodcock.  However, I am still fishing some.  The kayak took me to my favorite Northern pike water earlier this week where I landed a few.  I had a monster on, but she got into the weeds and let go.  ( "let go" is a euphemism for "I lost her").

P1030711.JPG

Edited by Topside2

Out this morning.  It was the first trip that really felt like October fishing.  Cold east wind that cuts through all the layers you’re wearing.  Fewer and smaller fish moving south fast.  Still plenty of good fishing to be had over the next couple of weeks, but we’re on borrowed time.  

I considered taking my kayak out in the salt this morning for perhaps my last outing but I never seem to do well at the start of the incoming first thing in the morning. Plus, the onshore wind didn’t sound too fun to deal with. By now I don’t expect to find many fish up river or in the bays, but maybe I’m wrong? In any case, I fished freshwater and got into a nice smallie bite, plus picked up a few decent pickerel. No regrets on that decision. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Picked off a few fish on live macs today in this really lovely weather 

still fish out there…22-26” in my hood

didn’t really have the he best sets And choices in this wind,  weird day, up and down warm, sh$tty* warm, shittier, then just plain sh$tty… 

still got some fish for another non skunk 

I’ll keep at it another week or so 

Jim 

Edited by jimbighead