Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

I have a few trips left in me for stripers. Been finding mackerel close to shore this time of the year feasting on rain bait and caught a few by accident bucktailing. Even caught a lone small bonito that got mixed up in a school of macks.

2 hours ago, Plugger207 said:

Quick camping trip with the family top of Casco bay Tuesday. Told the wife I’d leave my rods at home…..fish stacked up and busting bait hard on a solid mile of coastline. No exaggeration.  Huge boils followed by very disturbed bait. Hard telling what it was but I’d geuss peanuts.  Close to a famous “boot” company. Either way I’ll be out the next few nights hoping to intercept them slightly south!

Jesus Christ..............a fall run...........

I kicked the fat lady off my boat years ago.  Only think keeping me out of the game is ice in the marina.  Ill be back in action this weekend and will update on findings.  Hearing some decent things here and there around my region.

Jim

September Close Out: DIII on the Season & Piker Spot Lock!!

Across the street from Chez Roccus is a local nature preserve with a very small & shallow muddy cove. I decided to fish at the entrance to this cove this evening, but when I got the boat there, the fish were breaking way up at the end of it, which is directly across from my house. OK, tilt engine up for shallow running and crawl on in.

Was not disappointed in that I got 4 schoolies, bringing the season total to 503, "DIII" according to Julius Caesar et al. The water was about 3 ft deep and I was ruing that I don't have Spot Lock on the boat, but I remembered an old Piker trick I used to use in Mt. Sinai, NY, and nosed my bow up onto the eel grass. Boat was firmly anchored, with no muss nor fuss. I will be back tomorrow and could fish this area from the bank, but schlepping through thick woods with a rod and gear doesn't cut it, so I'll just crawl in again.

Just a delightful evening trip, I'm having way too much fun, but on the downside, the bass could be moving out for the winter at any moment this time of year so every fish I catch could be the last for 2021...

Nothing too large last night but numbers were way up. One of my more productive trips in months.  Very aggressive fat schoolies. Couple near “slot” ‘missed as many as landed. Had to rock the wetsuit nicer in the water right now!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Only thing keeping me from the water is marathon projects for work... Really wish the US was more like some EU countries... when you come up short on resources, instead of the whole lame “let’s all push to meet ridiculous milestones...” messaging., they need to scale back their biz so that I can go fishing! :)

Edited by NHAngler

1 hour ago, NHAngler said:

Only thing keeping me from the water is marathon projects for work... Really wish the US was more like some EU countries... when you come up short on resources, instead of the whole lame “let’s all push to meet ridiculous milestones...” messaging., they need to scale back their biz so that I can go fishing! :)

Especially when the excess is driven by a PM who knows there is no way to meet the date but wants to be able to say "We tried everything possible" cover their own butts. Man am I not going to miss that...