Oso

Who’s Still Getting After It

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

As soon as the back allows, I'm hitting the surf.   I'm hoping to fish until mid-October.   

5 hours ago, Oso said:

Got into fish last night, with more good reports I’m just gonna keep the ball rolling. Throwing needles mostly

September isn’t even over! ask come November. And if you have Jersey spots you could hit up some action later on In November. Then who knows? DelMarVa? Virginia Beach? :) 

30 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

September isn’t even over! ask come November. And if you have Jersey spots you could hit up some action later on In November. Then who knows? DelMarVa? Virginia Beach? :) 

my uncle has a house in SSP NJ I’ll prob head down there in November. 

VA is a real possibility too ;) 

How’s the fishing in NJ around Thanksgiving around that time is when I really get the shakes from withdrawal. I’m always thinking maybe Jersey would be an option. 

45 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

How’s the fishing in NJ around Thanksgiving around that time is when I really get the shakes from withdrawal. I’m always thinking maybe Jersey would be an option. 

Your thinkin' right.

found fish feeding on top in the dark the last two nights in Portland. They were stacked up, definitely some good time left here

1 hour ago, evan1 said:

found fish feeding on top in the dark the last two nights in Portland. They were stacked up, definitely some good time left here

Nice, any size, curious what you got them on..Sps and non weighted sluggos for me lately at night..

Quick camping trip with the family top of Casco bay Tuesday. Told the wife I’d leave my rods at home…..fish stacked up and busting bait hard on a solid mile of coastline. No exaggeration.  Huge boils followed by very disturbed bait. Hard telling what it was but I’d geuss peanuts.  Close to a famous “boot” company. Either way I’ll be out the next few nights hoping to intercept them slightly south!

13 hours ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

As is the case with most fall fishing, find the bait and you find the fish. I will say jerseys fall run has been historically awful the last few years for those of us from the surf, but the boat guys are having a field day. 

More fish last night, biggest probably 27-28”. I finish up work around 11pm the rest of the week, perfect time to get out to my rock. 

8 hours ago, 7 Rivers said:

Nice, any size, curious what you got them on..Sps and non weighted sluggos for me lately at night..

Not really to be honest. All schoolies mid teens, got one that I’d guess was 22-24, good fight in the current. Got my first on a small fly last night and then switched to an sp with a single hook. They were really hitting anything tho. Two nights ago I was throwing a sluggo