flyangler

How many will lose/leave their jobs due to vax mandates?

Rate this topic

327 posts in this topic

Can we keep a running tally here? 

United airlines plans to fire 539 full time employees. About 2,000 others have requested exemptions (religious, medical) which are under review. 

A small percentage of UAL workforce but that’s not the point, is it? 

Saw on the CNN news crawl this morning at the gym that NYPD cannot perform sting operations because they don't have sufficient numbers of vaccinated cops to enter buildings that are covered by the current vaccine card mandate. :laugh:

Add to your list Tom NYC School Teachers and there is a Hospital system in the Midwest (I think) that has been on the news.

This is a good topic. 

2 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Saw on the CNN news crawl this morning at the gym that NYPD cannot perform sting operations because they don't have sufficient numbers of vaccinated cops to enter buildings that are covered by the current vaccine card mandate. :laugh:

Heard over the weekend from a PO that at least one precinct is running like two different operations…one vaxed, one non-vaxed. Separate cars, meeting rooms, partners, etc.

I wonder how many of them think that this wave of terminations will be the straw that breaks the camels back and their employers will be forced to call them back just to keep operating?

Employers may be forced to tell big government what to do with themselves just to stay in business.

Could get real ugly real quick.

I know my place has planned a blu flu event for next month over vax mandates.

1 min ago, Gotcow? said:

Employers may be forced to tell big government what to do with themselves just to stay in business.

NY Governor whatshername was very clear in telling heath care workers that "they are replaceable" and then asking for us to be "her apostles" in getting people vaccinated.  :th:

I'm rooting for the employees in this case.  

Los Angeles School District has a vaccine mandate for all students 12 and up and Teachers.

while teachers and other school district employees who don’t become fully vaccinated by their swiftly approaching Oct. 15 deadline risk losing their jobs. According to figures presented to the school board Tuesday, about 12,000 employees – or one in five school district workers – have not started an immunization regimen for COVID-19. 

My wife is having her Nursing License threatened, if she’s not vaccinated  she’ll likely lose it 

Not sure I’ve ever seen her angrier about any political issue ever 

Her license?  Wow.

My company has more than 100 employees, so we will be subject to the recent edict if it actually happens, but nothing thus far about licensing.  

That's shocking.  

7 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Her license?  Wow.

My company has more than 100 employees, so we will be subject to the recent edict if it actually happens, but nothing thus far about licensing.  

That's shocking.  

It’s devious and clever in a perverse Leftists kind of way 

14 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Her license?  Wow.

That's shocking.  

It wouldn’t shock me to see any sort of gov’t issued permit/license renewal or application requiring proof of vax. But, they can’t make you get the vax. :dismay:

Didn't I hear 75,000 healthcare workers were out of jobs as a night or two ago?

That is going to sting.

There were some special forces guys, 500 some, that were going to stand down. And some fighter pilots too.

On the other hand, some rogue flight surgeon grounded a bunch of vaxxed pilots for fear of adverse reactions in flight crew.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I hope the companies behind these mandatory vax fire the nurses, doctors, firefighters, police officers, ambulance drivers, all first responders, pilots, cab drivers, bus drivers…

You know why I hope such an awful thing?

Because we’re already living in such a fuc**ked up state, but that if the people in those types of jobs are no longer there, and we no longer have public service, public transportation, I guarantee you it’ll wake the world up.

Maybe at that point people will have said you know what? This is beyond nuts, maybe then they’ll take to the streets, and put these tyrants in shackles they deserve to be in.

I say bring it on. Fire everyone.

Edited by MattieG