Surreal

Surf top for tall people ?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Any taller guys have suggestions on surf tops ? I’m 6 foot 5 with long arms. I was looking at guy Cotten and stormr but they don’t seem to have a tall size. What are the taller guys using to stay dry ?

36 mins ago, Surreal said:

Any taller guys have suggestions on surf tops ? I’m 6 foot 5 with long arms. I was looking at guy Cotten and stormr but they don’t seem to have a tall size. What are the taller guys using to stay dry ?

When you say surf top?  Do you mean Jacket?

I am 6'3" with long arms - I wear a Marmot rain coat in size Large - works well for me.

2 hours ago, Surreal said:

Im 6’3” the xl stormr surf top fits 

6’2 240 lbs with a long torso. For reference I wear a 32in length pants. 

I just bought Guy Cotten Chinook Pullover Smock in XL. It’s relatively light but built with the heavier duty water proof rubber and it has a light neoprene cuff. It’s got enough space to layer up and still feels pretty breathable. I probably wouldn’t war it in the middle of the summer. It’s long enough, probably has 6-7 inches below my belt line. 

1 hour ago, AClarke said:

6’2 240 lbs with a long torso. For reference I wear a 32in length pants. 

I just bought Guy Cotten Chinook Pullover Smock in XL. It’s relatively light but built with the heavier duty water proof rubber and it has a light neoprene cuff. It’s got enough space to layer up and still feels pretty breathable. I probably wouldn’t war it in the middle of the summer. It’s long enough, probably has 6-7 inches below my belt line. 

How are the arm lengths ? For reference I wear a 36 inch length pant but my arms are a bit longer then normal for my height. I always run into sleeves not being long enough. 

26 mins ago, Surreal said:

How are the arm lengths ? For reference I wear a 36 inch length pant but my arms are a bit longer then normal for my height. I always run into sleeves not being long enough. 

They are a good length. The neoprene cuff sits comfortably right at the bottom of the wrist but I probably have another 3-4 inches of slack I can pull on it. I have full and extended reach without pulling on the shoulder at all. 

I probably threw a hundred casts or so this morning and it’s very comfortable 

22 hours ago, Surreal said:

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-jackets-vests/mens-venture-2-jacket—tall-nf0a2ve9?variationId=CX6

I'm 6' 6", 280 lbs.  My wife bought a North Face rain jacket years ago that fits me well.  I'm not sure if they're still making my particular jacket, but you might try the tall version of the link above.

I have had great luck with Patagonia rain jackets since sleeves always run big (6’3” here) and if you keep an eye out you can get them for cheap when they discontinue colors and can use when not fishing for everyday use. 

Never been a fan of Neoprene cuffs.

I have multiple jackets but are you looking for a jacket with warmth for late season, summer, wave splash on jetty ect. to narrow down choices. 

I'm 6 4 have been using the Guy cotten surf LATEX CUFFS size xl and love it . I'm tall and slim it fits me perfect , best to try on a few and see how they fit.