Phil K

Maine trip

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

thats awesome!  next time youre there maybe try swinging/stripping a streamer like a zonker or something.  i bet feeling the tug and head shake of that thing would be a ton of fun.  congrats!

Nice Phil- I spent last week on the West Branch of the Penobscot- ridiculously low water and no bugs to speak of.  A tough week, but always nice to get away to my favorite river.

Posted (edited) · Report post

This native Maine son is most impressed. First you never mentioned the water by name. I thank you for that as much of the water in my home state is loved to death.

If you ever find yourself in the Mountains of Western NC look me up. We got some mighty fine Trout water here. 
Nice fish BTW!

Edited by Linesidesonthefly

Many reading your post were waiting for you to drop the location at least I was but a spot burn is still a spot burn no matter if its fresh or salt water., Maine or Long Island. Good  job Mr K all away around. It’s been a dry summer in Maine at least around Moosehead so many rivers are way low.

20 hours ago, Phil K said:

One more pic that shows the colors a little better.

EF6767F9-6379-44EE-853F-F4383409B161.jpeg

Beautiful trout, I was born and raised here, alot of places to fish...

That's a beauty! I just made my Maine trip Wednesday night when I moved (back) here :-) Three days of loading a trailer over and over left me with enough sciatica to keep me off the water for a few days, but I can't wait to hit some of my old haunts right after I retire - Monday (yeeha). 

2 hours ago, stormy monday said:

That's a beauty! I just made my Maine trip Wednesday night when I moved (back) here :-) Three days of loading a trailer over and over left me with enough sciatica to keep me off the water for a few days, but I can't wait to hit some of my old haunts right after I retire - Monday (yeeha). 

Enjoy your retirement. I hope you have many years of fishing whenever you feel like it. 

Nice fish- Been 30 years since I have been up to Maine- camping trip to Cobsook bay once again with the wife seems to be in order- If i get some fishing in so much the better. Downeast was so beautiful. Wonderful fish.