HillTop

HillTop - Thanks to forums for family help

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Again, thank you all. 

It's very helpful for you all to pass such nice folks on the forum who have now given me the encourage to get back into visiting with SOL and getting back into my fly experiments,  rods rebuilds, and possibly even starting to pull out some of my HillTop DIY projects, including one for theShadow that never got finished.  My doctors have actually been advising that I'm taking too much time working and pushing my by testing/learning with the brain all the time and I should be spending doing fun objects to give the head brain a break during day times so I'm going to start to work with FF SOL going forward. .  

Up to know at home and at places like SOL I've been afraid of dealing with my mental doctors and speech language pathologist other than with my home but they have encouraged me, even if  SOL doesn't make full text sense as it helps me drive my forward to learning.  Being so concerned about making mistakes when reaching out to talk by SOL communicating isn't doing me any good in any communication so if it's not too messed up by you I'd like to continue give it a shot moving forward. 

If stroke is the underlying cause of the aphasia, sometimes language abilities return to normal within hours or days. In others with stroke, language difficulties may be lifelong and range from mild, subtle difficulties to significant aphasia. If the aphasia is caused by a neurodegenerative condition such as dementia, language and communication skills will continue to decline over time. 

Only time will tell.   Right now I know just a couple weeks are not close for me but I have made some progress over the last two months so hopefully it will continue move forward for me.

As always thank those how have written in SOL or during the PM's.   This really has helped me at a time when I've been feeling pretty down and out.  Now looking forward to getting back up to SOL and also being useful to figure if there's anyway I can still be somehow or someway with my brother back at the family company.  At 69 think I still might have a few guys left in the bottom of the tank.   Wish me luck  :) 

Chuck / HillTop

(as usual,  my writing communication is not typed properly so please excuse me)

Edited by HillTop

Chuck, I'm really looking forward to reading more and more from you on SOL and no apologies needed for the odd mistakes. I'm betting  you'll get back to par in no time and of course rooting for you to do so. As Steve C., I'm sending you all the positive waves I can. P 

Hey! Chuck; The "luck" is with you.You're on here and pushing yourself to get better.That's the motivator.......I'm in the "pushing" mode too.Typing here with one eye closed and waiting for the results from last week.I'm getting a zing from the better half to take it easy.That's not my style either.I'm not allowed to do any close-up work so I'm here reading and punching the keys. The shop is calling me but I've got to get past her and that's not going to happen.I'm hanging in there with you!!!!! 

36 mins ago, theshadow said:

Hey! Chuck; The "luck" is with you.You're on here and pushing yourself to get better.That's the motivator.......I'm in the "pushing" mode too.Typing here with one eye closed and waiting for the results from last week.I'm getting a zing from the better half to take it easy.That's not my style either.I'm not allowed to do any close-up work so I'm here reading and punching the keys. The shop is calling me but I've got to get past her and that's not going to happen.I'm hanging in there with you!!!!! 

Wife's right, shadow. Take it easy with the one eye. You only have two, you know:bigeyes:

1 hour ago, HillTop said:

(as usual,  my writing communication is not typed properly so please excuse me)

No excuses required. It is more coherent than most of the other posts on this site. :) 

Just keep working and having fun the rest will fall in place. 

Hi Chuck, I'm not a fly fisherman and do not usually visit this forum as a result but came upon your post and must say you share one hell of a tale.  Sending prayers your way for a fast recovery.  Your ability to communicate is far better then others on this site.  You're doing great.  :th:

Sorry to read about this HT … although pretty sure there are hundreds of trout in Maine hugely relieved that they’re getting a few weeks unexpected grace before you’re back there putting a hurting on them. Wishing you all the best and an extra fast recovery. 

HT never had the pleasure of fishing with you personally but I've heard high praises when you're name was mentioned around some of the well respected flyfishers you mentioned in your opening post. Get well soon...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry to hear that bad news. 
Prayers for you .  I know you will get well ,  like Mike said your a tough old bloke.  Wish you the best. ccb 

Edited by ccb