HillTop

HillTop - Thanks to forums for family help

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello all,

Had a deep and tough north Maine camp on what was supposed to be a family trout couple weeks.   Unfortunately I had a Arteriovenous Malformation.(AVM). Seems it is being an abnormal connection by me between arteries and veins, presented at birth, that ruptured in my brain.   AVMs are very rare, and even more rare by my brain aneurysm (stroke), saying like only less than 1 percent of the total population.    My bad guess.

Maine pretty most as bad a place to have this happen, just short of two hours from camp north, only on unknown lost logging camps.  Ended south of an hour to get to Skowhegan at the Pierce Sappi mill.   Won't bore with detail but happily my oldest son pushing the petal to the metal and to the doctors at all high speeds.  

Now not a typical forum for the normal Striperonline's  Fly Fishing's these day but have enjoyed close to 8 years spending with many here on this FF forum.  So many have been kind to help me so much more than I could ever imagine with them I well I want to thank you all.  Being with kind and open encouragement, fishing open words to help me like, flies building, rod help, and my goofy ideas that sometimes come to half brain work work, 

Since I'm out of FF since mid to late July I'm just trying to have the strength to get back to some type of help.     Please all forgive my ability to barely say anything that makes sense.   I have to cheat to use words my brain can't yet say.  I'm only about 70% to text words. What you read won't make complete sense but doing it without other helps ne so bear with me.  (I'm stubborn).   Couldn't write word text 5 to 6 days ago but after seventh day I can make some PM's/texts, but slow going.    The worst part is say words that appear to telling a story where I have to say objects like seeing papers/photo, magazines.    If you look at these photos visibly, without my reading to telling me I'm pretty much dead say most anything, may 80% use full. :( 

Anyway, so many I'm appreciative who I would like to thank me that I have yet to send help that I have yet to try to PM to due to my issues.   I'll not remember all due to my current brain issues and for those I forget to mention I'm sorry but will catch up some time soon.

Thanks especially to a true man Mike Oliver, an all around fantastic guy (wife, young family, best fly guys I have, and to help anyone willing to ask him, be it large or small).   Others I have yet to get back to often periodically  or called after health that tried me but are still in tough shape, I appreciate it in no particular offer    Chris Oakman,  Pierre Suave, Bob (theshadow),  RJ (Bob),  Dottie & Ron (slysully),  Cary (carriegreene), Steve (thefishman), Chuck (Hook1),  Ted (slipsing)

Thank you all.  Much appreciated.

Chuck (HillTop)

Edited by HillTop

That is quite a scare. 

Glad to see that you are still on the right side of the grass and on the road to recovery. 

Don’t worry about making sense. It’s the internet most of it makes no sense. 

18 mins ago, HillTop said:

Hello all,

Had a deep and tough north Maine camp on what was supposed to be a family trout couple weeks.   Unfortunately I had a Arteriovenous Malformation.(AVM). Seems it is being an abnormal connection by me between arteries and veins, presented at birth, that ruptured in my brain.   AVMs are very rare, and even more rare by my brain aneurysm (stroke), saying like only less than 1 percent of the total population.    My bad guess.

Maine pretty most as bad a place to have this happen, just short of two hours from camp north, only on unknown lost logging camps.  Ended south of an hour to get to Skowhegan at the Pierce Sappi mill.   Won't bore with detail but happily my oldest son pushing the petal to the metal and to the doctors at all high speeds.  

Now not a typical forum for the normal Striperonline's  Fly Fishing's these day but have enjoyed close to 8 years spending with many here on this FF forum.  So many have been kind to help me so much more than I could ever imagine with them I well I want to thank you all.  Being with kind and open encouragement, fishing open words to help me like, flies building, rod help, and my goofy ideas that sometimes come to half brain work work, 

Since I'm out of FF since mid to late July I'm just trying to have the strength to get back to some type of help.     Please all forgive my ability to barely say anything that makes sense.   I have to cheat to use words my brain can't yet say.  I'm only about 70% to text words. What you read won't make complete sense but doing it without other helps ne so bear with me.  (I'm stubborn).   Couldn't write word text 5 to 6 days ago but after seventh day I can make some PM's/texts, but slow going.    The worst part is say words that appear to telling a story where I have to say objects like seeing papers/photo, magazines.    If you look at these photos visibly, without my reading to telling me I'm pretty much dead say most anything, may 80% use full. :( 

Anyway, so many I'm appreciative who I would like to thank me that I have yet to send help that I have yet to try to PM to due to my issues.   I'll not remember all due to my current brain issues and for those I forget to mention I'm sorry but will catch up some time soon.

Thanks especially to a true man Mike Oliver, an all around fantastic guy (wife, young family, best fly guys I have, and to help anyone willing to ask him, be it large or small).   Others I have yet to get back to often periodically  or called after health that tried me but are still in tough shape, I appreciate it in no particular offer    Chris Oakman,  Pierre Suave, Bob (theshadow),  RJ (Bob),  Dottie & Ron (slysully),  Cary (carriegreene), Steve (thefishman), Chuck (Hook1),  Ted (slipsing)

Thank you all.  

We love you HillTop and I know you will come back amazingly well. Two of my close friends have been able to defy all odds under extremely difficult and somewhat similar circumstances. Be positive. Win this one for all of us! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard through the grapevine that you had an issue.But not told what.Geez............You're on the road to recovery.My thoughts and prayers are with you as you battle back.I was wondering where you had been and not posting for quite awhile.PM coming................

Edited by theshadow

Chuck (Hilltop), not only do we two, Dottie and Ron, send our prayers for your complete recovery but are looking forward to your renewed posting (we've missed your posts), regardless of whether you feel you might not be using the right words, etc, We all can figure it out here on the forum,  don't worry!  Please continue to post. Let us and our SOL forum flyfishing members + those who aren't flyfishers, but , have met you on the beach along the way, know how you're doing. All of us are rooting for you, one of our most appreciated fly fishing forum members!

We're sure your posting of your innovative fly tying patterns and fly tying materials as well as your two handed rod-building notes will be missed for now by all of us reading the Fly Tying Forum but we all look forward to your resuming these postings as you continue to recover. 

Not embarrassed to say, Hilltop, that lots of love here on the forum goes out to you, especially those of us who have met you and enjoyed your company while flyfishing Chatham!

Try to be positive and remain strong and we know, your wonderful family is there for you all the time. 

Dottie & Ron 

Chuck, we are all sending positive waves. All of us are supporting you and rooting for you. Hang tough. Before you know it we'll be catching 'em up on the Cape.

Steve Culton

Fellas, you are all so wonderful and I am so very proud of each and every one of you for supporting out brother Hilltop. We will catch him when he falls and help him navigate every bump on the road until his line is once again in the water! (Where it belongs). 

HillTop, be strong our friend! Fight. You can and you will! We walk with you. All of us. UNITED!

Hilltop,

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.   The fact that you are able to speak and post on here just one week after is amazing and shows your strength and fortitude.  The trout will surely be waiting for your return.

Best wishes, Mike