bob_G

Molas and seals

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

If you're interested in seeing molas, now's the time. They're pouring through the canal.

Salty made a guest appearance this afternoon in front of a crowd.  Nailed a live 15lb fish 50' off the rocks in front of a group of slack jawed onlookers. Proceeded to eat it like corn on the cob.

I’ve noticed they act a bit skittish, some do , when I bend to pickup something on the sand so I started throwing stones and lo and behold don’t they swim away. It seems some have been educated a bit. If fishermen throw stones maybe they will start to behave differently. Instead of being attracted to us they may find us unattractive. Possible. 

On 9/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, Windknot508 said:

****ing salty took another mikes custom from me yesturday, bastard ran right up on the beach, tried sticking my dog on the bastard but she wasn’t much of a help 

can of pepper spray would work. 

Sunday evening night. Didn’t see any malas but did see a large seal around the marina area on east end. Didn’t catch any fish. There was a decent amount of squid and other smaller bait but nothing going on. 

4 hours ago, K Foley said:

Seal:p

Thank you.

Little talk of GWs this year. Are they all on vacation?  Do they only become newsworthy when they bite a tourist?

15 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Thank you.

Little talk of GWs this year. Are they all on vacation?  Do they only become newsworthy when they bite a tourist?

They're in the news up here. There was 8 feeding on a dead whale on the news. Saw a striper taken by a shark from a boat on the news.

Probably not on the national news unless someone gets bit.

43 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Thank you.

There were a few sightings this year. 

1ECE8AB1-E638-4A8C-B0D3-AF6A2A907218.png