tper

Who caught it????

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

If a person hooks a fish and hands the rod to another and that person brings in the fish..  Who actually caught the fish

Just wondering 

Tper

They fought it…. They caught it…. With grown ups , first few fish is every man for themselves, after that I’ll hand one off, depends on what we’re fishing for. 

Im pretty sure I’ve only ever broke one dudes balls about getting a “handy” , dude we fished with on the finger lakes for lake trout with, he has been fishing that lake for 15 years and was joe know it all….the other guy and I had 4 or 5 fish a piece and it was gettin towards the end of the day, I hooked up and said here dude take this one…. Ended up being a half inch bigger than the other ok fish…. Not big by any means, he was all puffed up cause he caught the biggest fish…. After a few hours of that his new name was handy Andy and  for the next two days every time we hooked up we asked him if he needed a handy. 

We out fished him 15-1 for 4 days

46 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Im pretty sure I’ve only ever broke one dudes balls about getting a “handy” ,

I can go in many different directions with that one!

Some might say, and I'm not saying this but some might say that bellringer is one of them.  I've heard it through the grape vine.  

1 hour ago, tper said:

If a person hooks a fish and hands the rod to another and that person brings in the fish..  Who actually caught the fish

Just wondering 

Tper

Isn't there someone on this site with a bazillion posts  that it happened to and now says he caught a fish. I vaguely remember reading that a few years ago.

19 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Some might say, and I'm not saying this but some might say that bellringer is one of them.  I've heard it through the grape vine.  

He shouldn’t go anywhere without Red….pretty sure red saved him from getting shanked by a broad twice in one day…. The first before 9 am 

While we’re on handing one off…..when you lay into a decent fish you know it, when I was younger…. No way I was handing one off…after ya get a bunch of em under your belt it becomes no big deal. I can see me handing off the next pa state record flathead and kicking myself for eternity.

Mid-August me and the girl go to the river mostly just to get some sun and have lunch, spike a couple rods soaking worms. Didn’t really expect anything to bite. 
She’s got her back to the water and I see her rod fold over then the spike give out and the rod and reel are dragged into the water. I’m screaming to jump in and grab it, which she fortunately does.
Sand bound up the spool and wouldn’t crank, so I take it and remove the spool and have her dump water in it and reassemble all the while a fish is yanking on it. (I have her use a 704 greenie for just these reasons)
Land a 32” fish which was her first keeper. 

47 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

He hung up on me today because there were fish in front of him. :rolleyes: 

37 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Isn't there someone on this site with a bazillion posts  that it happened to and now says he caught a fish. I vaguely remember reading that a few years ago.

I actually watched him stick a nice tog on one of the tog flings, and I am no fan of the person in question.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I actually watched him stick a nice tog on one of the tog flings, and I am no fan of the person in question.

Who reeled it in for him and took it off the hook.giphy.gif

Edited by Bass Ackwards