Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mlima5

Best shoes for wetsuiting and rock hopping?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Recently getting into fishing in a wetsuit and while i love my Korkers Terror Ridge when i wear my waders, theyre heavy and bulky for when i tried to swim in the wetsuit. Would really like a lightweight option for when i fish the wetsuit but having a hard time deciding on what. Neoprene booties sound like the best option but does anyone make a studded version? Is there some other lightweight shoe people like screwing studs into that wont just rip out? Would like to hear what other people are wearing while wetsuiting

Get some flats booties with robber soles, strap some old style korkers on them. Also in the past I’ve used wrestling shoes. Light weight even when wet and great ankle support.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Over the shoe ice spikes. It's lightweight enough for you to swim with if needed. You can change out the spikes with something beefier. I wear this over diving boots.

Edited by VitaminDee

I like the NRS paddle shoes, they have a thick rubber sole. I have the NRS workboot too but they get very heavy when wet. Workboot has much better ankle support, but if you're walking distances after getting them wet they are tough to wear. Strap on the old school korkers with duck tape. On long walks I'll take the korkers off and strap them on my belt. If you aren't moving much the workboots are good and warm.

I’ve been using an old pair of keen water sandals that I glued some felt onto and added koldkutter studs. I wear them either over bare feet or with a pair of cheap neoprene diving socks. 
I haven’t swam in them but for walking and rock hopping they’ve been working out. Nice and light and comfortable.