kooch

Heat Shrink

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looking for a source for good heat shrink tube for surf rod grip. Prefer the Non X type. Ive seen the stuff on Mudhole and Getbit

but this looks like the stuff I use in my day job and I wouldn't want to use that on a surf rod. Too smooth and slick when shrunk.

Ive read that the "Japanese shrink rubber" is great but I cant find it anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Edited by kooch

13 mins ago, kooch said:

Looking for a source for good heat shrink tube for surf rod grip. Prefer the Non X type. Ive seen the stuff on Mudhole and Getbit

but this looks like the stuff I use in my day job and I wouldn't want to use that on a surf rod. Too smooth and slick when shrunk.

Ive read that the "Japanese shrink rubber" is great but I cant find it anywhere. Any help appreciated.

The "no flock" is available from batson and likely what you see on getbit.  Its the same stuff you see on high end surf rods- cts, century, odm etc... 

2 hours ago, tbush said:

The "no flock" is available from batson and likely what you see on getbit.  Its the same stuff you see on high end surf rods- cts, century, odm etc... 

Interesting you say that. I had an order into Getbit for their Heavy Duty Heat Shrink Tube that was backordered since July. Got tired of waiting so I cancelled it. Ill try Batson directly.

6 mins ago, kooch said:

Interesting you say that. I had an order into Getbit for their Heavy Duty Heat Shrink Tube that was backordered since July. Got tired of waiting so I cancelled it. Ill try Batson directly.

Batson only sells to distributors...