Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Lippen

Sad day

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Born and raised in Ocean Gate I attended a lot of events there.  Was a great place for hall rental events as it was quiet and far enough off 9 and close enough to the water.  I attended a splash down there with my dad when I was a kid.  I wonder what will become of the space and the parking across the street.  

14 hours ago, fishless said:

Born and raised in Ocean Gate I attended a lot of events there.  Was a great place for hall rental events as it was quiet and far enough off 9 and close enough to the water.  I attended a splash down there with my dad when I was a kid.  I wonder what will become of the space and the parking across the street.  

You obviously haven't driven through here in a long while. The hall and backyard comprised four buildable lots, and the parking lot across the street was one big one. They were all sold by the fire company. The parking lot was the first to be developed with a ( IMHO ) too large house. That was a buncha years ago. The backyard lots were built on a few years ago, and a fence was put up behind them. Now they are going to build two more homes where the hall was. 

I cant wait to hear about the complaints from the new owners of them homes. About the sirens and trucks waking them up in the middle of the night as those guys get ready to run into a burning building to save strangers. 

5 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

You obviously haven't driven through here in a long while. The hall and backyard comprised four buildable lots, and the parking lot across the street was one big one. They were all sold by the fire company. The parking lot was the first to be developed with a ( IMHO ) too large house. That was a buncha years ago. The backyard lots were built on a few years ago, and a fence was put up behind them. Now they are going to build two more homes where the hall was. 

I cant wait to hear about the complaints from the new owners of them homes. About the sirens and trucks waking them up in the middle of the night as those guys get ready to run into a burning building to save strangers. 

Its been a while indeed.  Of late I was doing the Nostalgia tour down 9 or just cruising along the water heading back to OG to see the family.  I'll do a drive by on the next trip thru..