8fishermen

Parchment paper for painting lures

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I learned something new today. I was painting lead spoons using one of our spray rigs. I stayed them on brown floor paper while shooting them at different angles to cover the edges. I had a little over spray wrap around and the slabs stuck to the paper. When i flipped them over, I lined the boards with parchment paper instead of brown paper and placed the painted side down. When they dried, I had complete and free release with no sticking. You could pick up one edge of the parchment and the slabs would just slide off. 

This is probably well known to some but thought I'd share. 

PXL_20210922_001113800.jpg

11 mins ago, Blank Disc said:

Nice tip. That is a lot of green spoons. How do you fish them and what species? 

It's a terrible pic. The green is actually chartreuse. The other side is painted white. We cast these in into tail races targeting stripes, hybrids, and white bass. By catch is blue cats, largemouth and spots, fresh water drum, and an occupational carp or buffalo. 

We lose lots of them in the rip rap. 

11 mins ago, 8fishermen said:

It's a terrible pic. The green is actually chartreuse. The other side is painted white. We cast these in into tail races targeting stripes, hybrids, and white bass. By catch is blue cats, largemouth and spots, fresh water drum, and an occupational carp or buffalo. 

We lose lots of them in the rip rap. 

Nice. I guess they are on a normal size parchment paper. When I first looked at the photo, I thought they were huge. tight lines.