Fast action 7’ rod for schoolies

Rate this topic

Chass510

I know you said 7' but have you handled the Blackhole Suzuki rods? The new UL model might interest you, although personally I have yet to handle one.

By the way, besides being too slow for you liking, how do you like the new Mojo? Because I'm hearing a lot of stories of them breaking easily. Which is a shame because the older models were pretty decent, although I've always preferred Avid over Mojo. 

Edited by MattieG

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

I just got a 7’ MH HMG inshore that is significantly faster feeling than my 7’ MH St. Croix Triumph, at $99 it is a pretty solid option. Also might be worth looking at the Star Stellar lite fast taper, I have a 6’6’ Medium action that is an awesome rod. 

Edited by Konajon

I have the 7MXF Avid Inshore.  Schoolies feel like monsters on that thing!

Regarding Mojo Inshore, I have the new gen (green) 7MHF.  Caught plenty of fish on it.  Was never worried once about possible breakage. 

I also have an old gen (purple) 7HF casting rod.  Use it for live lining.  Plenty of backbone on it.

Edited by Skunkoff

3 hours ago, Chass510 said:

Long story short I I bought e a mojo inshore rod that  is too slow for my liking.  And am looking for something much faster / responsive to throw .5-1.25 oz swimshad, small tins for a 2500 size reel.. any preferences?

If I may ask, which  model Mojo do  you have 

You know what they say about common sense right...it ain't so common