linesiderdemdnj

Akios S Line 757 CTM rough feeling and noise

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

i have the reel in the title and it has not been casting well.  I experimented a little today and when I hold the reel sideways, open spool with the handle down and pull line out, the spool is very noisy and rough. If I hold it sideways with the handle up, when I pull line the spool moved extremely freely and causes a huge backlash. 

Video attached. 

do I need new bearings? I pulled them and they seem ok but I ordered new ones anyway. This is my only conventional for drum fishing and the season is now. Hoping for a quick fix or something. Thanks. 

IMG_1298.MOV

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'd suggest you start by centering your spool 1st.

The spool looks like it is too far to the right and the drive pins on the spool are possibly dragging against the pinion (being too close when spool is dis-enaged and the reel is tilted towards the handle, your amount of side play is also relevant in this scenario, you need a tick not a knock

Akios 757 CTM (left side).png

Akios 757 CTM (right side 01).png

757 drive pins to pinion.png

Edited by ZAFisher

4 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

I'd suggest you start by centering your spool 1st.

The spool looks like it is too far to the right and the drive pins on the spool are possibly dragging against the pinion (being too close when spool is dis-enaged and the reel is tilted towards the handle, your amount of side play is also relevant in this scenario, you need a tick not a knock

Akios 757 CTM (left side).png

Akios 757 CTM (right side 01).png

757 drive pins to pinion.png

Dude I realized the handle side knob was real loose from me inspecting the bearing. Tightened that, centered the spool and she is ready to sing again for some drum. Thanks man