Charley Murat by ( Angler 1 )

Rate this topic

Dthfrmabove1

On 9/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, bob_G said:

Stinky1,

Did I ever speak to you about it?

About 15 years ago I began to wonder the same thing. You see, my dad took me to see all of Paul's films at the Little Theater in Worcester, and also to local sportsmen's clubs when he showed them there.

Years ago I wondered what happened to the films? I began an exhaustive search. Before Paul moved to an assisted living home in NY, he lived with his hunting, bird dog, drinking and poker buddy, Everett Skehan in central Maine.  

Believe it or not, I still keep in touch with Everett's ex wife, Judy Skehan. She's now in her mid 80s. But up until 5 years ago she would drive up from S. Carolina to hunt birds with me.  Judy had no knowledge of the films, but suspected they may have gone to Maine with Paul.   However, that proved to be a dead end.   Paul was an avid bird hunter and bird dog guy.  It was through my network of old bird hunters and bird dog friends I learned that it was the New England branch of the United Fly Tyler's who had possession of the films.

I contacted them, explaining I'd like to talk to them about acquiring them, and possibly having them digitalized.   But, it was no dice. They told me the films were in storage, and they had no intention of parting with them.

I speaking with them I could tell they never viewed them, and were not at all familiar with their content. 

Bob we never spoke about the films but we did connect about judy. Crazy lab lady! Thats an awful shame about the films. They dont make em like that anymore.

Have a number of Murat rods....built by Dave.....along with Ericksons(spl ?) ........ couple of black Harnels,,,

,,,,,dealing "up north "....off 146 , near dusk, might get a peak of Russ Myers Hollywood block busters.....Wild Untamed Vixens"......on drive in screen......yes, going to the shop was a required pilgrimage.....

Was on the bay....'Gansett... the day(s) Paul K filmed the bluefish frenzy of frenzys!!!

Edited by trapper
add

17 hours ago, trapper said:

Have a number of Murat rods....built by Dave.....along with Ericksons(spl ?) ........ couple of black Harnels,,,

,,,,,dealing "up north "....off 146 , near dusk, might get a peak of Russ Myers Hollywood block busters.....Wild Untamed Vixens"......on drive in screen......yes, going to the shop was a required pilgrimage.....

Was on the bay....'Gansett... the day(s) Paul K filmed the bluefish frenzy of frenzys!!!

David build a few of the Black Harnels both surf and boat . When he passed the basement had several barrels of blanks which was purchased by Ed Poore along with other items for his stash in dealing with collectables at that time.  It would be nice if these films could be repurposed some how . I presently have an E mail into the historian asking if such an event could take place? Peace and Prayers

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal