Charley Murat by ( Angler 1 )

Rate this topic

Dthfrmabove1

3 hours ago, oldgoat said:

Does any one know any Danignault stories?

Swimming yer beach car with the family.

Opening yer fish box at night to see if yer on to fish

Checking name tags on fish boxes to see who was catching and were.  Just wondering.

A poor example of a true sportsman in my humble opinion . many accounts of his time on the beaches have lowered the expectations one is looking for today. We have nothing to gain here by bringing any more attention to the man whom spent a lifetime attempting to be more than what he was in true life in my opinion. Peace and Prayers

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Its not fishing related and I don't have many memories of Frank but Joyce was a Teacher/Secretary at my elementary school.  In 1981 I needed a life saving surgery at 4 years old.  Being a small town, word got around and I was in need of multiple blood transfusion. My blood type and disorder made receiving  blood a daunting task.  Frank was a match and a life saver for me.  I know many have reasons for disliking the man but I figured I'd offer my 2 cents.

7 hours ago, Joe G said:

Yep.  Happened 20 years ago.  

He's still referred to in some circles as Quick Draw Daignault.    :scared:

My favorite was Deadeye Daignault, but I'm a sucker for alliteration. :laugh: 

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

8 hours ago, oldgoat said:

Does any one know any Danignault stories?

Swimming yer beach car with the family.

Opening yer fish box at night to see if yer on to fish

Checking name tags on fish boxes to see who was catching and were.  Just wondering.

I've heard all of them. But I wasn't there. I do know that most of the capies hated him with a passion, but they also hated anyone who lived west of Harwich, lol.

He himself related the story of the night that he drowned his rig in the old Chatham inlet.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

10 hours ago, quack said:

Same guy I assume??

PXL_20210925_001628684.jpg

Yes for sure , he had a custom color scheme he did for the local shops where he sold these rods , my original Murat from Red Top was also red and yellow , that is how you knew it was a Murat, without reading the sticker . I would classify this rod in a collectable class being built somewhere in the late forties early fifties.    Do you recall when you purchased it ? Peace and Prayers

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Drove right off the point. fog. After he jumped out other beach folk helped out his wife an kids. Just saying.

He moved from Provincetown to Nauset three days on ,,three days off. All summer long.

God help it if his kids lost a fish.

By the time he checked every ones fish box ( at night) he lost all respect.

After that I think he chased fresh water trout.

4 hours ago, oldgoat said:

Drove right off the point. fog. After he jumped out other beach folk helped out his wife an kids. Just saying.

He moved from Provincetown to Nauset three days on ,,three days off. All summer long.

God help it if his kids lost a fish.

By the time he checked every ones fish box ( at night) he lost all respect.

After that I think he chased fresh water trout.

According to the way he related it, he was driving lights out, too. 

9 mins ago, oldgoat said:

most everyone drove lights out. No lights came on when you open a door. If you had a nice car you used your mileage indicator to mark holes along the beach.

During my time on the beach with my sons out on the race we always drove with the lights out , except during the day time in the fog. Not only did we take and note mile markers between holes we fished, but well placed markers along the edges of the dunes, but never on the exact number. All was recorded in a note book ,long lost, to make the job easier to locate. We often shared the numbers however when we did the group fishing events . When we fished Nauset we marked our spots from each gate left or right depending upon where we found the action to be, so that we at least do two nights in a row at the same locations. One location at Nauset , the world famous Gorilla hole was closed as a result of one person not able to follow the rules set by the folks who controlled beach passage at that time  the sand guys lost one location forever, unless you have a boat to fish it   Peace and Prayers

Life member M.B.B.A #509