Dimitrikaras01

Lami vs ODM

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Looking for people that have used the odm dna 11ft 1-5oz and 3-8 oz, as well as people that have used the lami carbon surf 11ft 1-5 and 3-8.

Let me know how the rod performed, what the sweet spots are on the rod, fighting power, as well as negatives of the rod. Need a travel rod, and its between those 4!

Thank you in advance!

On 9/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, webfoot44 said:

Try a CTS vapor trail 3-6

Still have a cut down one

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, Dimitrikaras01 said:

Looking for people that have used the odm dna 11ft 1-5oz and 3-8 oz, as well as people that have used the lami carbon surf 11ft 1-5 and 3-8.

Let me know how the rod performed, what the sweet spots are on the rod, fighting power, as well as negatives of the rod. Need a travel rod, and its between those 4!

Thank you in advance!

Quite the range for a travel rod, almost sounds like you want two. Haven't held those specific rods, but having both an ODM and Carbon surf I would say the sweet spot on the carbon is lower in the rating than the ODM. My advice would be to get a GSB.

Good luck!

Edited by i_like_poppers

22 hours ago, 8 & Bait said:

Lamiglas GSB1321m or GSB1321MH. 

I would bring my 1321m that I already use on a daily basis. My favorite rod, nothing compares. only thing holding me back is its a one piece.

8 hours ago, i_like_poppers said:

Quite the range for a travel rod, almost sounds like you want two. Haven't held those specific rods, but having both an ODM and Carbon surf I would say the sweet spot on the carbon is lower in the rating than the ODM. My advice would be to get a GSB.

Good luck!

I do want the 3-8 version's of either brand as long as it can send a 2oz plug into oblivion, just like my 1321m does. I know lamination's has a habit of exaggerating the lure ratings on gsbs at least, as mine is rating 3-7. I can throw a 1-3/4 plastic swimmer very far, and feel it very well. was wondering if I could do the same with the odd or carbon surf, which are two piece rods. Mostly going to be doing tarpon, rooster fish, jacks, Cubera, and whatever other big game surf fish I decide to target in the future. 

10 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

Gsb1321m you dont need anything else for the beaches an boulder fields.  A 1081L or m will cover your back bay needs, two rod quiver, done.

I already use a 1321m for the northeast. I need a travel rod for Florida, Mexico, Costa Rica, and anywhere else I am traveling in the future.