Jay_paternostro

Time during tide of your personal best?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Last gasp of the outgoing tide, on a live Peanut Bunker, in an area where everyone else (including myself) was primarily using clam.

I think in fishing you're going to find that each time you made a rule it will be broken. Thats what makes out sport so great.

I also think it’s so blatantly obvious where the fish are during the last hour of the outgoing. It’s like Mother Nature is painting an arrow saying, ‘cast here ya moron’ 

my PB has come casting during slack tide. I have lost fish just as big or bigger during incoming and outgoing.

Just when I think I have a pattern, it all changes, that's what I love about fishing. 

I have friends who will not even bother going if its NOT outgoing tide....

First 2 hours incoming, but this is by far not a hard and fast opinion.    In many years fishing I've had great days on every tide in every condition.   If they're around and feeding, you're going to get them regardless of tide, time of day, weather, etc.   

On 9/19/2021 at 11:05 PM, Jay_paternostro said:

I always seem to do best for big stripers the last hour of the outgoing tide, and I have also caught my personal best during that time 

I too have had this experience in some places.

Outgoing right when the current just starts turning (first hour) and last 2.5hours. Once I notice the current starts slowing down, it’s on like Donkey Kong.