Dthfrmabove1

Tagger ( by Angler1 )

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Tagger, better known as Eddy C has been a long time friend since CB33212E-6850-467C-9252-F33BF2E62444.jpeg.f24cb113acd8e51ac379c4d7ffc07874.jpeg784958C8-519E-4562-90B8-1D3577BF13DD.jpeg.ba0f31cc76d1f54c744fcb65accf79cb.jpegback in the days when we taught both fresh and saltwater fishing to inner city children and adults for free. The program was called “ Urban Angler “ where in order to teach you needed to be certified, a process that took almost a year. 
  When I moved down here a bunch of years ago he began to turn plugs along with some of his other friends and became part of the Plugfest every year by Mike Thomas. On occasion he would ask to see some of the old plugs so that he could make copies, which he was able to do to perfection. On more than one occasion I would challenge him to turn a plug specifically for a one time thing. The nice green plug you see in the picture is one of the many he turned and signed for me over the years. It was designed to troll for tuna   I have yet to use it among the many other ones he also turned. You will see some of his artistic ability with the other plugs being shown also. My young friend Eddy is a true fisherman having experienced many differently ways and methods to be a successful builder and catcher of fish. He is also one of the most respectful of our resources at all times  

Peace and Prayers 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Eddie is a good guy and long time friend. I have lots of his plugs. 

Bruce May put on the first plugfest in his garage which then SB.Com then put on every year till unfortunately the interest waned.  

684D97B6-CF94-459C-9623-2F1B6C41B767.jpeg

4F2AEFB5-8522-4B02-BCF4-79638361081D.jpeg

FC8AE37A-C455-42E8-B37C-BBA803ED7456.jpeg

Edited by Steel Pulse

We had alot of fun back then.

I have Tagger plugs, a few a beat from use.  Makes a good plug and a great guy.

I have a tagger hanging in the package,  i thought it was cool to see his name on it.

Just funny to see the word "young" describing Tagger.... or any of us old pharts...

You are right, Dave. 2004-2010 were the peak years for the cottage builders. Man, there was some incredible talent in the room back then. Some never stopped turning. Some of us are looking forward to building again this winter.

I remember Eddie trying to perfect an old design years ago... Roman Floyd Nike?  Or was it the Predator?

Edited by nightfighter

I would like to thank Shawn for spending some time to take a few pictures to be put up here , something I have been unable to do for the lack of such a skill with the camera and such

it is important to me to be able to have others see some of Eddies creations from wood and in some cases one of a kind lures. The green one above was designed for tuna trolling[one of a kind] and if you note the size of the wire it is far greater then any of the other plugs I show or others show.  I was blessed to have this young man as a friend back in another time and truly appreciated him spending his time to make plugs from another time and new ones as well. especially when he would ask me to use one of my collectables to copy. He became a master plug builder of the times and some one who maintained his care for the resource we all love . Peace and Prayers

Edited by Angler #1