Mr. Bigdeal

There goes another one....

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yesterday off Spray Beach, LBI...........and another one bites the dust....those Buoys just jump out at ya I guess.

LBI Buoy.1.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Whoa.  I am not familiar with the area but I would say he must have been going way to fast and/or not paying attention to do that.  I've never owned a boat but I can't imagine being that careless to do something like that.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Like driving a car and reading a book............Bang.....and they want to put windmills out there.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Just saw a headline on Facebook. Ocean county scanner news that I follow. Looks like this happened around midnight. Bad time to be out there if you are unexperienced, drinking, tired, whatever. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Yesterday off Spray Beach, LBI...........and another one bites the dust....those Buoys just jump out at ya I guess.

LBI Buoy.1.jpg

I hope no one was inured, though it does look ugly.

Thank goodness it was a bout and not another boat.

JD

On 9/20/2021 at 5:06 AM, jjdbike said:

I hope no one was inured, though it does look ugly.

Thank goodness it was a bout and not another boat.

JD

6 people were ejected off the boat, 1 critical the other 5 stable.

According to the Coast Guard it was a fixed aid to navigation off of Ham Island near Beach Haven.

BEACH HAVEN, N.J. – The Coast Guard, and the Beach Haven Volunteer Fire Department rescued six boaters after their 30-foot white pleasure craft struck a fixed aid to navigation in the vicinity of Ham Island, Sunday.

Watchstanders at the Coast Guard Sector Delaware Bay Command Center received a call from a good Samaritan at 12:18 a.m., stating he overheard a large crash and several calls for help in the vicinity of Ham Island.

A 29-foot Response Boat-Small boatcrew from Coast Guard Station Beach Haven was launched to the scene at approximately 12:20 a.m., along with an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City, and a jet ski crew from Beach Haven Volunteer Fire Department. Beach Haven Police Department shore crews were also launched.

Once on scene at approximately 12:32 a.m, the Station Beach Haven boatcrew, and the Beach Haven Volunteer Fire Department jet ski crews were able to successfully rescue all six boaters from the water. They had all sustained several injuries from the crash.

The boaters were safely taken back to shore where local emergency medical services personnel transported them to various local hospitals.

Sector Delaware Bay issued a safety marine information broadcast to mariners to be aware of potential debris in the area from the crash.

Coast Guard crews will be actively working to fix the aid to navigation.