foxfai

Dolphin launching a fish over a bridge

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

That’s a flying fish! Lol. Dolphins are cool. The tail slapping their doing stuns the fish, makes them easier to catch. That video shows it pretty good too. 

Amazing animals.  I have seen them on the feed in shallow water.  It is pretty cool to watch, but definately blows up you spot of a while, lol.

Trying to site fish permit and two dolphins came by creating a ruckus.  Had to fire up the motor and move elseware....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah, sure we think dolphins are cute, but to other fish, they are complete D!cks.

there has been sooo many times when one of those shark posers blitz my yak like a crazed freight train, tearing up the reds, scaring living crap out of me. Nothing like a giant fin coming at you at a hundred miles an hour.

I would gladly pay for a dolphin burger - one less chess player.

Edited by Jason B

On 9/20/2021 at 4:37 AM, Jason B said:

Yeah, sure we think dolphins are cute, but to other fish, they are complete D!cks.

there has been sooo many times when one of those shark posers blitz my yak like a crazed freight train, tearing up the reds, scaring living crap out of me. Nothing like a giant fin coming at you at a hundred miles an hour.

I would gladly pay for a dolphin burger - one less chess player.

Hah! I LOLed 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's very common to see them surfing in the waves in Southern California and unlike humans, they never miss a wave!

Edited by Mike Mendez

Got to admit tail slapping is effective, and different species of fish and whales have their own method.

I do love watching a thresher go all "Indiana Jones" on a school of baitfish.

THAT'S impressive.