chipwood

Fish Evacuation Plan: Lessons for Afghanistan

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Friday night I fished a spot where there was probably a school of 1000 fish. They came @ last light on a weekend so you can only imagine what happened next. A spot that can only handle 4 guys plugging & another 4 to 5 on the periphery was overrun. Fisherman from Parts Unknown with 12 foot rods & soft sided coolers for plug bags came down. What happened over the course of the night was a fish evacuation plan for the ages. I've never seen so many guys go back & forth, up & down, back & forth. Just watching the headlights bobbing in the night was amazing. They couldn't help themselves, there were just too many fish. It was such a well executed & thought out fish evacuation. The US Government should take a lesson from these Fisherman from Parts Unknown.

Its hard for me to call the DEM. I've called so many times to no avail. The question is do I leave my spot where I'm getting a hit or fish for 3 hours straight to call an agency that is blind or indifferent to poaching? I said my peace to the Fishermen from Parts Unknown that came near me but they look @ you like they don't understand or don't care. What would you do?

Whether they come or not is irrelevant, at least then we are doing our part to try and save the fishery. We can’t complain if we don’t try to be part of the solution. Not putting on you, just in general. I call for a certain spot poaching is rampant at times, most times they don’t come but I tried.

I hear ya, I have my cell on me in a life proof case so it’s easier, I understand not giving your spot up to them just to make a call they won’t answer.

I think everyone is trying to get ‘theirs’ before the stock crashes. 

There’s always been some poaching but what we have today is far worse than anything else in the past.