HugeDinghy

Town spa pie

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Do I remember it correctly? This was one of the places that came up in the SiM pizza wars?  At a basketball tournament and had it today for the first time. 

22 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

And there’s really no such thing as bad pizza but that’s not good pizza. 

Yes over rated. I agree it is not bad but not that good. Same as the Lynnwood in Randolph. They both have a huge following though and sell thousands of pies. I'll take the Central in Middleboro for bar pizza. And Reginas and Santarpios for traditional large pizza.

My brother in law raves about Town Spa all the time, and gives my wife the frozen take home pizzas when he goes there a few times a year. When I first tried one I thought it was a joke. That pizza blows!!!  But I grew up right outside New Haven CT where real pizza lives. Sorry (contentious statement to follow) but I haven't had anything in MA that remotely compares to what is in and around New Haven. (mic drop, these thoughts are my opinions and mine alone, please no law suits or incendiary comments).  :p

29 mins ago, ChocoLab said:

My brother in law raves about Town Spa all the time, and gives my wife the frozen take home pizzas when he goes there a few times a year. When I first tried one I thought it was a joke. That pizza blows!!!  But I grew up right outside New Haven CT where real pizza lives. Sorry (contentious statement to follow) but I haven't had anything in MA that remotely compares to what is in and around New Haven. (mic drop, these thoughts are my opinions and mine alone, please no law suits or incendiary comments).  :p

Boston has some very good pizza that is little spoken about. Try Pleasant Cafe in Roslindale

1 hour ago, ChocoLab said:

There are a few good places in RI, too...one that comes to mind is Wise Guy's in Smithfield, near Bryant University. :drool:

Town Spa is fine. I grew up on original Cape Cod Cafe (Brockton) so that's sort of my center when it comes to bar pizza. 

Marc Anthony's is about as good as it gets down by my way for more traditional pie. Some days it's lights out. Other days it's eh.  

On 9/18/2021 at 3:27 PM, K Foley said:

Yes over rated. I agree it is not bad but not that good. Same as the Lynnwood in Randolph. They both have a huge following though and sell thousands of pies. I'll take the Central in Middleboro for bar pizza. And Reginas and Santarpios for traditional large pizza.

They do make a good Baked bean pizza . Have you ever tried it? I once lived around the corner from Lynnwoods Peace and Prayers

1 hour ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Boston has some very good pizza that is little spoken about. Try Pleasant Cafe in Roslindale

Wow is that still open, don’t remember much about it but goes back  to at least the 60s

4 hours ago, ChocoLab said:

Pizza snob. I don’t think there’s any bad pizza except Digornio. That stuff sucks. 

2 mins ago, z-man said:

Pizza snob. I don’t think there’s any bad pizza except Digornio. That stuff sucks. 

100% self admitted pizza snob. But I will eat pizza 100% of the time too, even garbage like town spa lol

3 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

They do make a good Baked bean pizza . Have you ever tried it? I once lived around the corner from Lynnwoods Peace and Prayers

I don't think there is a good baked bean pizza. I've had it  there :box:and thought it was awful and I liked baked beans my wife makes me a pot every other week year long. The other thing I don't like about the Lynnwood is if you eat it there it is off the cheapest thinnest paper plates available. The pizza is not cheap spring for a descent plate. 

3 hours ago, ChocoLab said:

100% self admitted pizza snob. But I will eat pizza 100% of the time too, even garbage like town spa lol

It’s probably been around 10 years since I was last there. I’ll have to try it again soon to see if I still like it. I do prefer thin crispy bar pizza to big floppy slices though.