LIsurfguy36

LI Surf

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Popasilov said:

And that would be different from any other day, how?

Seams, more and more of them are coming out.

I do not remember being like this just few years ago.

YOUTUBE fishing videos...definitely do NOT help minimize crowds. Just watched a VERY specific one yesterday -- guess I'm *guilty.

Example using the old MAD LIBS version: 

*WELL, Here we are in M -- truck camping in the -- lot! Just purchase -- permit.  Just walked to __ spot!  Just caught THIS fish!  Then we drove past -- marina and onto --- beach! Past this -- area.   And caught THESE FISH!*  

Everyone has a 'crowded story' -- last Oct. I was perched for an hour with NO action... then bam -pod surfaces in front of me -- kid splashed out next to me and throws OVER MY LINE.   I was like "the f*...until I saw another line CROSS THE OTHER WAY... turned to my right and said "THE F!!" 

THEN I walking sticked my way out.... went to  HERBS for a HamEggnCheese  and a cup of joe...  And waited for the NIGHT SHIFT. Ahhhh... WHADDAYAGONNADO.  Such is life.

I’m sorry but localism, teasing, and heaviness has a place in fishing and surfing. 

maintains etiquette, respect and safety.  

On 9/18/2021 at 11:43 AM, Popasilov said:

I do not remember being like this just few years ago

Pandemic boosted the crowds beyond all historical recollection.

Most out of work took up fishing, then there's guys like me that had the 'rat race' Manhattan job and went from struggling to find time to fish due to work and the commute, to present day, full virtual remote working and fishing more than ever before because I can roam a beach, jetty, back bay at sunrise, fish till 8am... jet home and be logged on by 9am in my button down without the worry of the commute.

Matter of time before I get lyme disease crawling through bushes and weeds to get away from the crowds.

3 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Pandemic brought out all kinds of scams and lowlife that we forgot about.

13 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

I’m sorry but localism, teasing, and heaviness has a place in fishing and surfing. 

maintains etiquette, respect and safety.  

^^

There's an intrinsic and lost value of natural discovery.  I feel sorry for children growing up because of what they'll never quite understand, or know how great it was to do things in this way.  To stumble into the realm of something new, finding the drive and desire your self and within your self to continue doing something you enjoy and to learn it's intricacies as the process determines and in your own unique way. It's what keeps things interesting and from becoming the largely homogenized, behavioral and technical copy cat circus surf fishing appears to be.

Glad I grew up a long time ago.

Edited by DeepBlue85

few weeks ago I heard the story about one of WD trump crowd locals throwing 2 90lb men into the water to fishing over his line. This was after going through the "excuse me" "can you please" 3 strikes rule.

Edited by GarbageFish
PC

15 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Most out of work took up fishing, then there's guys like me that had the 'rat race' Manhattan job and went from struggling to find time to fish due to work and the commute, to present day, full virtual remote working and fishing more than ever before because I can roam a beach, jetty, back bay at sunrise, fish till 8am... jet home and be logged on by 9am in my button down without the worry of the commute.

Matter of time before I get lyme disease crawling through bushes and weeds to get away from the crowds.

I agree, I similarly have a "rat race" job in the city so finding the times and even locations (long island beach access has diminished severely) to fish is hard as hell sometimes. Now coming off surgeries and just wanting to get out there, i wasnt prepared for the amount of folks i see on the beach. And not even just other fishermen (which is fine because were all there for the same reason), but I've found young kids, families, etc just setting up shop in areas that used to be "hidden gems" as far as fishing spots. Im glad the pandemic made people appreciate nature more but we gotta ease the beach access restrictions around here (LI) so that fishermen and what not have some space to sling some lines. Its gettin cramped 

I’m not quite sure what the answer to overcrowding is. The issue goes far beyond “YouTube fisherman” burning spots — it’s the access to apps and information as a whole. Every person here can go on google earth, find a picture from one month ago, and mark the location of trucks parked on the beach. It requires no effort. 

Public access is extremely limited, it costs $0 to have a saltwater permit, and DEC officers are few and far between. I personally haven’t seen an officer since last October. 

The only way I see it being combated is to 1) implement a moratorium to not only increase stock, but deter fisherman who only fish to harvest. 2) limit the number of saltwater licenses per year. 3) increase the presence of officers on public beaches. Licenses can only be obtained in person, and still free of charge. Slap a $500 fine on whoever is caught on the beach without one. 

9 mins ago, pakalolo said:

“CREATURE HOURS” 2:00-4:30 or so cuts down on most of the ****s, not counting the ones driving the beach with their lights on. 

might as well spot burn.....

1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

not counting the ones driving the beach with their lights on. 

We all know this has been going on for the long time, way before pandemic situation.

And it will never stop.

100 K lights, straight to the water, ahead of you, from the beach.

Like they are trying to see whats going on in  Portugal or Connecticut

its 3am and you've been fishing since 11pm waiting for the tide to slack.

your nightvision is dialed in enough you can see the lure splashing at the end of your cast.

three mastic boyz pull up in their 99 jeep xj with 50" Chinese lightbeam to dump their empties by the rocks.