LIsurfguy36

LI Surf

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

whats up guys, 

Looking to make the trip out to MTK this weekend to work the beaches after a streak of skunked trips on south shore. Hoping people have been doing better out east than I have. Feel like weather has not been very consistent with all the crazy storms. Still feels early in the season, despite the amount of bait I've been seeing. best of luck out there, tight lines!

Edited by LIsurfguy36
rephrase original post

If the place were on fire, you'd get nothing, if it were dead you'd get nothing, do you really expect folks to post on a website read by thousands of fisher people that now is the time to be there? 

Its mid September, time to fish, you can't fish yesterday, today looks like its almost over unless your there so maybe tomorrow is a good choice.

Wish ya' luck, its your hunt, don't expect others to work for you and provide you status reports, it was never meant to work like that, weekend crowds are more than enough already without sending out invites.

2 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

If the place were on fire, you'd get nothing, if it were dead you'd get nothing, do you really expect folks to post on a website read by thousands of fisher people that now is the time to be there? 

Its mid September, time to fish, you can't fish yesterday, today looks like its almost over unless your there so maybe tomorrow is a good choice.

Wish ya' luck, its your hunt, don't expect others to work for you and provide you status reports, it was never meant to work like that, weekend crowds are more than enough already without sending out invites.

Honestly looking back at this, that was a pretty dumb thing to ask. I apologize for making that sound like i wanted everyones personal reports. Been skunked alot lately and just wanted to see if anyone else has been doing better. Innocent intentions, executed poorly. Either way I'll get out east and experience it for myself. Tight lines to all 

12 mins ago, LIsurfguy36 said:

Honestly looking back at this, that was a pretty dumb thing to ask. I apologize for making that sound like i wanted everyones personal reports. Been skunked alot lately and just wanted to see if anyone else has been doing better. Innocent intentions, executed poorly. Either way I'll get out east and experience it for myself. Tight lines to all 

This fishery is effed!!!!

21 mins ago, LIsurfguy36 said:

Good luck out there and welcome to the site!  Montauk's one of the greatest places on earth, even when the fishing isn't great. Have fun!

1 min ago, Sandbox said:

Good luck out there and welcome to the site!  Montauk's one of the greatest places on earth, even when the fishing isn't great. Have fun!

Thank you! coming off two surgeries that took me off a rod for almost 3 months so im itching to get out and put some tension on the line!

6 mins ago, LIsurfguy36 said:

Thank you! coming off two surgeries that took me off a rod for almost 3 months so im itching to get out and put some tension on the line!

Oof. 

I’m assuming you’re day tripping? 
Stick to the north side or the cove. 
Better yet, scope out the beaches when heading through town. 
Good luck. 

Remember even if you got a report it would be an old report. You konw, you should have been here yesterday. We have all gotten skunked, it's fishing. Just try to keep a line in the water as much as you can. The worm will turn. Fall is thetime to fish as much as you can. Tight lines.

2 hours ago, LIsurfguy36 said:

Hopefully, no offense taken by you as I was pretty straight forward with my post. Wasn't personal, and I don't like to think of myself as someone that ambushes others or gives folks a hard time, quite the opposite. I do think sometimes I'm too old fashioned (it happens with age) and set in my ways and unwilling to tolerate or accept others actions and even beliefs. Thats what my wife tells me, arghh!

Regardless, welcome to the site, its a great site with some real good people and enough information to keep you reading for months. 

When I start jonesing for a fish, I like to find some open beach with some white water (waves) and toss things sideways just over the first wave and bring it back in the trough thats a result of the backwash and incoming, where you would hang for a meal .

If you were a fish, what spots would you choose on an open beach? (A.) Where you could have bait washed to you, (B.) Where the turbulence and action of the water hide the baitfish (C) Where hiding yourself so you could ambush your prey (D) All of the above- (d) is correct- and remember small baitfish are trying to live to tomorrow also, almost all fishes lives are spent feeding, moving and hiding (resting). And don't be afraid of low tide, in some places its like having a 100 gallon fish tank with 3 fish in it and its filled all the way to the top, same tank with 50 gallons of water and the same 3 fish, which would you rather fish? Less water, why not?

Nobody ever caught from their couch or bed or even truck -well maybe truck with a bed or couch in it, but the secret is- fish when you can and want, as often or little as those choices provide. and do not concern yourself with what others are doing. Best to keep it a fun hobby rather than an addiction, folks lose marriages, homes, and jobs because of fish ego. 

Enjoy yourself at "M" , I'll hope you run into action, this time of year used to at least be big blues in the afternoon going into darkness, lately old yeller eyes hasn't been as active as in the past. Maybe a cow bass at night? 

6 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Hopefully, no offense taken by you as I was pretty straight forward with my post. Wasn't personal, and I don't like to think of myself as someone that ambushes others or gives folks a hard time, quite the opposite. I do think sometimes I'm too old fashioned (it happens with age) and set in my ways and unwilling to tolerate or accept others actions and even beliefs. Thats what my wife tells me, arghh!

Regardless, welcome to the site, its a great site with some real good people and enough information to keep you reading for months. 

When I start jonesing for a fish, I like to find some open beach with some white water (waves) and toss things sideways just over the first wave and bring it back in the trough thats a result of the backwash and incoming, where you would hang for a meal .

If you were a fish, what spots would you choose on an open beach? (A.) Where you could have bait washed to you, (B.) Where the turbulence and action of the water hide the baitfish (C) Where hiding yourself so you could ambush your prey (D) All of the above- (d) is correct- and remember small baitfish are trying to live to tomorrow also, almost all fishes lives are spent feeding, moving and hiding (resting). And don't be afraid of low tide, in some places its like having a 100 gallon fish tank with 3 fish in it and its filled all the way to the top, same tank with 50 gallons of water and the same 3 fish, which would you rather fish? Less water, why not?

Nobody ever caught from their couch or bed or even truck -well maybe truck with a bed or couch in it, but the secret is- fish when you can and want, as often or little as those choices provide. and do not concern yourself with what others are doing. Best to keep it a fun hobby rather than an addiction, folks lose marriages, homes, and jobs because of fish ego. 

Enjoy yourself at "M" , I'll hope you run into action, this time of year used to at least be big blues in the afternoon going into darkness, lately old yeller eyes hasn't been as active as in the past. Maybe a cow bass at night? 

I appreciate the wise words, and no offense taken at all. I’ve been away from the beach for a few months and as you put it I’m jonesing for fish haha. I should have phrased my inquiry differently, just got excited being on the site and reading so many awesome conversations. Nevertheless, happy to be here and happy to get back out and lay some line! It’s a great time of year to be into the sport and hopefully we all get hooked on some quality fish very soon! 

25 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

Man,  there was some real idiots on the water this morning….

And that would be different from any other day, how?

Seams, more and more of them are coming out.

I do not remember being like this just few years ago.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:14 PM, chumfish said:

Oof. 

I’m assuming you’re day tripping? 
Stick to the north side or the cove. 
Better yet, scope out the beaches when heading through town. 
Good luck. 

Not sure what the situation at the cove is currently with all the construction 

40 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Not sure what the situation at the cove is currently with all the construction 

Haven’t been there in years. Just like with the fish, there’s only one way to find out. :th: