D1fishr

Fenwick LB1206

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I need a rewrap. It’s more for sentimental reasons than anything else.

It just hangs on the wall, but I want to use it. It’s wrapped spinning, and I want to keep it that way.  It is currently 10’, wire guides, cork tape, metal reel seat.

Thoughts? What would you fellas do here?  New guides and wraps?  Complete tear down?

Depends on the blank.Overall condition.The BIGGIE!!!!!! "hanging on the wall" is it now warped from it's own weight over many years? Plus other possible issues.

23 mins ago, theshadow said:

Depends on the blank.Overall condition.The BIGGIE!!!!!! "hanging on the wall" is it now warped from it's own weight over many years? Plus other possible issues.

No damage. It really wasn’t hanging on the wall.  I had it hanging horizontally from the ceiling with 3 foam covered suspended posts. It looks and feels like it has potential. 

Before Graphite Fenwick's LB (live bait) were the Pluggers go to. Fast tip powerful rods, fun to fish.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:34 PM, XBMX said:

Before Graphite Fenwick's LB (live bait) were the Pluggers go to. Fast tip powerful rods, fun to fish.

That’s how life began for this rod. It’s been up and down from Block to Hatteras. Mojo supreme. 

If you can do it yourself, by all means do a complete rebuild.

If ya gotta pay someone.... it probably ain't worth it.