bob_G

Best squirrel proof feeder

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I know more that a few guys here enjoy feeding birds, but wage a never ending battle matching wits with squirrels.

I've tried all the supposed squirrel proof feeders out there, and all failed. Some miserably.

But this one is the best. Made by Brome. The squirrels try it once, maybe twice and never return.  We like it so much, we bought two.

IMG_20210916_124044.jpg

I have a squirrel proof feeder   Yup my high power pellet gun w a scope they like the taste of lead    Feed about a dozen last winter but they stopped coming back 

how needs squirrels tails for flys  I have extra btw squirrel taste like chicken or rat your choice 

5 mins ago, riggler said:

How does this one work ?

If you were looking to get rid of the electric one I would be interested....

You'd want to buy that piece of junk? :eek:

12 mins ago, stifftip said:

I have a squirrel proof feeder   Yup my high power pellet gun w a scope they like the taste of lead    Feed about a dozen last winter but they stopped coming back 

how needs squirrels tails for flys  I have extra btw squirrel taste like chicken or rat your choice 

Some say they'll eat anything. :cool:

Just now, riggler said:

well, i would experiment with it, and if you were tossing it.........

This is the super squirrel proof feeder I spent $140 on. Made by Wild Bill. Please note the squirrel is actually inside the feeder. 

original_fb4b3676-3109-40a0-998e-e39d02089c72_20210511_093246.jpg

20210511_093240.jpg

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

This is the super squirrel proof feeder I spent $140 on. Made by Wild Bill. Please note the squirrel is actually inside the feeder. 

original_fb4b3676-3109-40a0-998e-e39d02089c72_20210511_093246.jpg

20210511_093240.jpg

lol I remember you were having issues with it

when you had a fresh battery in it and you touched it , did it ever give you a decent "wap" ?   Mine will make my eyes blink and the sting you would remember.....

10 mins ago, riggler said:

lol I remember you were having issues with it

when you had a fresh battery in it and you touched it , did it ever give you a decent "wap" ?   Mine will make my eyes blink and the sting you would remember.....

I'll tell you what.  I'm battling it out with Wild Bill trying to get my money back. I doubt they'll acquiesce.  Should that be the case, it's yours.

10 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I just use a regular feeder with a very simple but effective pole guard.

Wouldn't work for me. They launch themselves off the roof of the house, off tree limbs and anything they can find.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I switched to safflower seed and thistle 25 years ago and haven’t had a squirrel problem since. Squirrels don’t like safflower even though most songbirds do. They don’t bother with my thistle feeders. Could even put out a suet cage for even greater coverage of bird species. This system really works. 

Edited by Tailslap

i like my droll yankee "flipper"  its fun to see how long they hang on to the spinning ring before they flip off into the bushes.