Sevenstripes

Long Island Theft

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

....eventually one of his victims will seek out satisfaction on his own, and he'll be the one prosecuted. F'ed up times these.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I doubt it’s the cops not wanting to arrest and more along the lines they can’t arrest. 

I look at the video and all I can say is there is a slight resemblance to the picture of the guy but I can go to the shore and find 50 guys that also look like the guy in the video. I’m sorry but that video is not a positive ID in any court. 

as far as getting caught with the cooler, the guy had a cooler that is openly bought and sold on the free market. They probably sold a million of those same coolers.  How was this particular cooler identified as the stolen cooler and not just one of a million legally bought and sold coolers. 

im not saying the guy didn’t steal the cooler. I’m just saying there’s probably good reason why he wasn’t arrested and it’s not because the cops just don’t want to. 

Nobody cares about the grading (felony or misdemeanor)  of the crime. The crime is still a theft of a cooler and anybody sentenced for stealing a cooler will be sentenced for stealing a cooler not blindly for a felony to the nth degree.  

Im not standing up for thieves,  I’m standing up for the cops and a beleaguered justice system. 

Edited by poopdeck

5 hours ago, TimS said:

I must be missing something - if this guy has been robbing boats and people for years, why has he not been arrested? They have him on camera, they found stolen property at his home - why is he still out robbing people? If the cops won't do anything I hope he tries to rob the wrong dude one of these days....

In Suffolk County, there's always the possibility that he or his family is "plugged in" to the political machine, which means he could probably get away with anything short of murder.

24 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

In Suffolk County, there's always the possibility that he or his family is "plugged in" to the political machine, which means he could probably get away with anything short of murder.

Almost gotta be the case :dismay: Nobody gets away with robbing marinas for years as it's alleged he has.

So if I was sleeping on my boat and he came aboard he has now broken into and entered my house.

I know what I would do in that case, I can always purchase a new anchor anyway......

On 9/17/2021 at 6:59 PM, mml4 said:

Not at all surprised. The Authorities figure its' not worth the time, trouble and cost to prosecute because the dollar value of the property is not very high. This is why low level felonies get plea bargained down to misdemeanors.

This particular guy used to tell folks he was a Bail Bondsman.

Marc 

The problem is he’s a repeat scumbag offender!

This could be the same person that stole "Wild Bill's" rod off hisTruck at Montauk some years ago. Bill, and I along with Florida Bob chased his car but lost him in Amagansett. I later heard that there was some guy who lived in Medford that may have been responsible.  One day I was driving around and saw a sign Fishing Yard Sale.  I went to take a look and there was a pretty decent aray of tackle.  I asked if he had any Van Stall Reels for sale and was told he sold the last one the day prior. A few years ago I heard this POS had an accident at Cupsogue.  Just wondering if he is back in business.

sb

Edited by Stripedbass50lbs
sppelling

8 hours ago, webfoot44 said:

I thought this guy was a bail bondsman?

Have you met some of those guys? A lot of bail bondsman that I met years ago, when I was still running around wild, were sleazier than most of the dudes they were bonding out.

Edited by jerseycat9

12 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

So if I was sleeping on my boat and he came aboard he has now broken into and entered my house.

I know what I would do in that case, I can always purchase a new anchor anyway......

I like that one. He sleeps with the fish.

If it’s not lazy cops it must be dirty cops! Yep, thats  it! Dirty cops working for low level dirty local politicians to protect one of their own. The cooler cartel must be funneling money into the political campaigns to ensure their guy gets elected. Then it’s a simple matter of bribing the cops, prosecutors and judges at every level. 

the genius it takes to put this together is breathtaking. Now it’s time to convince the FBI to undertake an investigation into Suffolk county corruption. There is no way they can avoid an investigation once they see the cooler thief video. 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, MattieG said:

Honestly I don’t know why anyone is surprised by this. This world is filled of sh*t heads these days. The virus didn’t help either, as it seems more theft & fraud occurs now than ever before. Plus many several states now changing laws where it’s basically a slap on the wrist to steal.

I do love though when they turn to social Media to try and sell their stolen goods. My buddy found his quad just like that, some jackass put it for sale on Facebook.

Anyways, I was doing a side job at a big marina this summer for a week or so. Everyday I was there, the things I saw people left on the dock, or on their boats, I was in shock.

The rods, the chart plotters, yeti coolers. Some people had the high end  $1,000+ Large stainless Weber grills sitting by their slips. The whole marina had only 2 cameras that I saw the whole time I was doing a job there. A thief would have a field day at this place.

I don’t know WTF people are thinking these days. I didn’t get a chance to put my boat in the slip this year. However in the past when my boat was in the water, my rods, chart plotter, anything of value came off with me when I went home. I’m not rich, and everything I own I worked damn hard for. I’m not letting some junkie Jack my stuff. 

It's amazing isn't it?

On lake Lanier theft of property is a huge issue. And with 36000 surface acres, 720 miles of shoreline and 10000 active dock permits policing every nook and cranny is impossible. I lived on the lake for 5 years and the stuff I seen left on people's boats and docks is crazy. 

I've seen $3000 generators, $800 trolling motors unhooked just sitting on the walkway, whole arrays of Shimano Calcutta line counter reels on center consoles etc the list goes on and on

My neighbor Vic had a brand new HDS 10 Lowrance he left on his boat at all times and his dock light was a main stop for night fishermen. I knew one day it would get stolen and several months later it did.

One night I had all the deep cycle batteries stolen out of my boat and my brother's boat, totaling 6 in all. I also had my gas line cut ahead of the ball and had someone siphon off all my gas. 

In short if you leave it behind it will get stolen eventually. Even things you never thought anyone would steal will get stolen.

Bring your stuff home with you and keep the honest people honest.

15 hours ago, Ditch Jigger said:

That was the first thing I thought of.  Lot of that going around.

3 hours ago, Stripedbass50lbs said:

This could be the same person that stole "Wild Bill's" rod off hisTruck at Montauk some years ago. Bill, and I along with Florida Bob chased his car but lost him in Amagansett. I later heard that there was some guy who lived in Medford that may have been responsible.  One day I was driving around and saw a sign Fishing Yard Sale.  I went to take a look and there was a pretty decent aray of tackle.  I asked if he had any Van Stall Reels for sale and was told he sold the last one the day prior. A few years ago I heard this POS had an accident at Cupsogue.  Just wondering if he is back in business.

sb

Yes, this is that same person.