gray gables

30 for 30

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Yes! And as a Red Sox fan, I can say it is probably one of the best baseball series I have seen! Dykstra is shattered in every video. Trashed the plane after the NL series win...  Jimmy Kimmel behind it as Executive Producer.

22 mins ago, nightfighter said:

Yes! And as a Red Sox fan, I can say it is probably one of the best baseball series I have seen! Dykstra is shattered in every video. Trashed the plane after the NL series win...  Jimmy Kimmel behind it as Executive Producer.

Doing coke the whole way home after winning in Houston, lol. 

19 hours ago, gray gables said:

Oh, what happened to Dykstra? He’s a dam mess. Looks like he has half a tongue also. 

Years of abusing roids and coke. And who knows what else. Plus, he was always a total meathead, on and off the field.

1 hour ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Years of abusing roids and coke. And who knows what else. Plus, he was always a total meathead, on and off the field.

Yeah he was. 

2 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

D. Gooden is a shell of the person he once was. wow

Drugs, imagine winning the World Series and your in the projects the next night snorting coke? 

3 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

D. Gooden is a shell of the person he once was. wow

Gooden was bound for Cooperstown, if he had stayed clean. He won 41 games before he was old enough to legally buy a beer. He had a Gibson-like year in 1985, 24-4 and a 1.53 ERA. He had his first drug bust right after the 86 Series, and it was all downhill from there. What a wasted talent, even if he later threw a no-no with the Yankees.

47 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Gooden was bound for Cooperstown, if he had stayed clean. He won 41 games before he was old enough to legally buy a beer. He had a Gibson-like year in 1985, 24-4 and a 1.53 ERA. He had his first drug bust right after the 86 Series, and it was all downhill from there. What a wasted talent, even if he later threw a no-no with the Yankees.

Strawberry went on and won 3 World Series win the yanks. Guy has 4 World Series rings and look at the drugs he was into. 

1 hour ago, Ditch Jigger said:

I remember that year like it was yesterday. I was in high school and I made damn sure to catch every game Gooden pitched that year. He was only a few years older than me and making full grown men look lost at the plate. It was that curve that would make batters knees buckle. That was unfair, you were looking for the heat and here comes an 84 mph curve that would just drop through the strike zone. It really was obscene.

On 9/18/2021 at 0:45 AM, gray gables said:

Strawberry went on and won 3 World Series win the yanks. Guy has 4 World Series rings and look at the drugs he was into. 

Sluggers can hang on at DH long after pitchers are washed up. I think it was only 2 rings with the Yankees, 1996 and 1999. In 1996 he hit a whopping .188 in the WS, and in 1999 he had 4 plate appearances in 2 WS games. He wasn't exactly a key member of those teams. He only played in more than half the games in 1998, when the Yanks didn't get past the ALCS.

4 hours ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Sluggers can hang on at DH long after pitchers are washed up. I think it was only 2 rings with the Yankees, 1996 and 1999. In 1996 he hit a whopping .188 in the WS, and in 1999 he had 4 plate appearances in 2 WS games. He wasn't exactly a key member of those teams. He only played in more than half the games in 1998, when the Yanks didn't get past the ALCS.

I read it was 3 for Straw with the yanks. And Gibson could only wish for a year like 85 Dwight. That’s why he put the maloccio on Dwight after that year in an interview. I saw plenty Seaver, Dwight, and Jake games behind the plate. All unbelievably dominant. That said, Saberhagen had the best stuff I’ve ever seen live.