sterfry_26

Daiwa Certate LT Grinding Help

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

My less than a year old Certate Lt 3000 started feeling really odd today. No longer buttery smooth. Super grindy and bumpy retrieve. Almost feels like the spool shaft is being restricted from moving up and down. Upon removing the spool there is nothing out of the ordinary. Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated. This reel is a gift so not sure if I can find proof of purchase for Daiwa Warranty. Seems like an issue for the one and only @scoobydoo 

Thanks!

Only thing you can do is send it in to Daiwa for service.  If you have the tool to open it you can inspect all the bearings, but if you don't....it's not worth touching with a wrench.

I'd get in contact with Daiwa ASAP because the season in the northeast is ramping up and lots of people are having reels serviced 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Only thing you can do is send it in to Daiwa for service.  If you have the tool to open it you can inspect all the bearings, but if you don't....it's not worth touching with a wrench.

I'd get in contact with Daiwa ASAP because the season in the northeast is ramping up and lots of people are having reels serviced 

How do they do with the lack of proof of purchase? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

You should go to the Daiwa website and start poking around see if you can find a contact at Daiwa to find out where to send it. I looked and they have a map thing with a bunch of fishing shops that I guess are authorized service shops. Nothing in the Northeast. 

You could try calling those shops and see who has the fastest turnaround? 

Check the boxes for service but also for warranty on the map below. It seems that some of the shops that show up under warranty also provide non-warranty service but don't show up on the service map???

https://daiwa.us/pages/stores

Edited by TopStriperAngler

Don't know Daiwa service at all.

At the Daiwa website I clicked on warranty and under that they have service request forms. These forms instruct you to send reel to Cypress, CA. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0384/6645/3641/files/ServiceRequestForm.pdf?v=1610590304

https://daiwa.us/pages/warranty-claims

There is a number there to call to find out turnaround times. They might tell u about warranty information. 

On 9/15/2021 at 11:42 PM, sterfry_26 said:

You can always get maintenance or service done on the reel without proof of purchase if it’s not covered under warranty. I send my reels into the Tackle Trap in AL. Reel Seat is also an authorized Daiwa service center and located in NJ. 

On 9/15/2021 at 11:42 PM, sterfry_26 said:

Ummm they contact daiwa and ask a question...just like anything else that you are requesting service on.

Or just throw it away and buy a new one.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:54 PM, PLKM said:

You can always get maintenance or service done on the reel without proof of purchase if it’s not covered under warranty. I send my reels into the Tackle Trap in AL. Reel Seat is also an authorized Daiwa service center and located in NJ. 

John is a great tech, Frankie Z at Grumpy's is as well (he'll be out of the loop for about a month.)

JandB in CT (vick and kyle)  one of the nicest service centers that I've visited.