DZ

RIP Steve Medeiros

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Seeing social media press releases that long time President of RISAA Steve Medeiros has passed away on Monday.

The Medeiros Family story even get worse and  so sad.

Steve had a heart attack while planning his mothers funeral.

That's a huge double hit for his wife and children, loosing a dad and grandmother within days of each other.

My deepest condolences to the family. I never met Steve but am a proud member of the organization he created. Rest in Peace Steve.

I was floored when I heard the news. I knew his mother had passed and thought the email I had received was about her. I was shocked to hear he had passed as well. I just spoke with him a week or so back. He did so much for fishermen in RI and so much more. He will be missed.

Huge loss to the club and fishing community.  Steve always made you feel like a friend and cared about you.  A great guy that will be missed.  Prayers for his family during this difficult time.  May he Rest In Peace.

A tragic loss to his family, friends and the fishing community.  Steve dedicated his life to improving recreational fishing in Rhode Island and the surrounding area, and weather agreeing or disagreeing with his agenda, he made a huge positive difference to the industry and many, many individuals. He was the engine that brought this area one of the finest fishing shows, that got better every year through his relentless efforts.  Hard to believe that he is gone, but he will not be forgotten and is and will be dearly missed.

God bless and thank you Mr. Medeiros.

RIP Steve.

A very good person, with a huge heart. As a long time member of RISAA, got to know him very well.

Had the pleasure of hanging out on his boat, when we shared the same marina in Warwick Cove, years ago.

He will be sorely missed in the RI fishing community and beyond.